+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury expelled from the FL

Bury expelled from the FL

Sad day. Not only for their supporters, but football as a whole. Can't imagine how they must feel.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Sad day. Not only for their supporters, but football as a whole. Can't imagine how they must feel.
    I can, having seen us lose our own league status and come within a millimetre of extinction. We've been close enough to have a better idea than most of what they must be feeling, but thank God for the Brothers Reedtz!

We need to appreciate how fortunate we've been, and hope Bury can somehow survive as a club, even if they have to start again from even more humble beginnings than us.

It's very sad, but it's been threatening to happen for a while. It wouldn't surprise me if Bolton are next. Its interesting to see what the wider implications are though from the EFL statement. They say League 1 will have 3 relegation places so it fits 24 teams next season but they will discuss league 2 in September. It's weird that they haven't thought about this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's very sad, but it's been threatening to happen for a while. It wouldn't surprise me if Bolton are next. Its interesting to see what the wider implications are though from the EFL statement. They say League 1 will have 3 relegation places so it fits 24 teams next season but they will discuss league 2 in September. It's weird that they haven't thought about this before?
    The incompetence of the football authorities should never be under-estimated, but I'm sure they would have discussed the situation. They probably have to wait for a meeting to get the agreement of all the other clubs to the new format. It could be 22 teams and 2 relegation places by then, which will be welcome news in Southend!

The fans must feel angry, pig sick, disbelieving.
    Awful position to be in as they can't play any games this season to keep the feeling of there being a club. The ground will probably be turned into a building plot, not straight away but Dale won't sell the land to a nascent football club.
    Big job for the fan base to now get a Phoenix club up and running for next season.

Really sad news, and I hope they at least find a way to resurrect the club in some form. While most of us will feel for the Bury fans having come so close on more than one occasion, I would bet that the majority of Premiership fans will barely give this news a second glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Really sad news, and I hope they at least find a way to resurrect the club in some form. While most of us will feel for the Bury fans having come so close on more than one occasion, I would bet that the majority of Premiership fans will barely give this news a second glance.
    Sadly on twitter it's the "fans" of premier league teams that are gloating and being generally arses (and a lot of Leeds fans but that's a given!) We really need a root and branch review of football

Apparently there's a covenant on Gigg Lane restricting its use to sports. Hopefully the relevant authorities don't budge on removing that.

What's the betting they do eh Kim?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Sadly on twitter it's the "fans" of premier league teams that are gloating and being generally arses (and a lot of Leeds fans but that's a given!) We really need a root and branch review of football
    Or save a lot of time and pretty much adopt the Major League Soccer model.

I don't like the idea of Americans showing us the way on anything football-related, but their system of wage caps, 'designated players, 'trading' players, youth development and keeping all clubs partially controlled (and protected) by the League is far superior to the systems in most other countries, where the football industry is like the Wild West. The only thing I wouldn't adopt is the moving of club franchises from one city to another. Nobody likes MK Dons!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast