+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Everything that could go wrong did -admittedly well beaten but aided by Fosters Konradesque performance in the first half and a whole litany of other defensive phukups

I didnae think we shud have went 4 across the middle and thought he wouldnt go that way either but as taintedice pointed out on another thread it's easy being an armchair manager.

Chalked off goal was ***** imho assuming it should have stood not seen it back.

Have to try and get a few wins under our belt, Alloa a good starting point.

Mcpake will be doubting and questioning himself but he has a decent team round him, hopefully he can pick himself up.

Yeah, easy to pick the side from the sidelines, as it were. I favoured the 4-5-1 option but with the goals coming from setplays, maybe it would have been a similar game. Do think Gowser should have started, especially with Ness being poor.

Anyone any idea at what point that goal was chalked off as linesman didn't flag as the players were busy celebrating around him? Seems to me ref and lino have went out their way to disallow it, same type of decision the dabs were getting all thru the playoffs. Just hope McPake can shake this one off and get a couple of decent wins after the break to restore a wee bit of confidence.

Sore one to take and disallowed goal a first in football for me.Pub league defending like that will get us nearer the bottom than top tho.
    It's a doing but let's be honest here everything went there way.
    We shud be 1-0 up
    Penalty mcdaid falls into winger(Def pen tho)
    Not a corner for 4th and 2 deflections.
    One oh they nights but hey ho we move on and naebody died.

Well said Eric

Looking forward to next game and perhaps a signing or 2 before then

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Sore one to take and disallowed goal a first in football for me.Pub league defending like that will get us nearer the bottom than top tho.
    It's a doing but let's be honest here everything went there way.
    We shud be 1-0 up
    Penalty mcdaid falls into winger(Def pen tho)
    Not a corner for 4th and 2 deflections.
    One oh they nights but hey ho we move on and naebody died.
    If we are just going to discard derby results like chipper paper, we've already given up on winning the league. Not the first time we've seen complete collapses in derbies due to the approach taken. Every one of their players knew it was a cup final, could you say the same about us? The only good thing is we don't have to wait 3 long years to get another go at them

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    If we are just going to discard derby results like chipper paper, we've already given up on winning the league. Not the first time we've seen complete collapses in derbies due to the approach taken. Every one of their players knew it was a cup final, could you say the same about us? The only good thing is we don't have to wait 3 long years to get another go at them
    We need to sort out our best 11 and formation before even thinking of winning any league.

I think that is academic

Tbh - I never thought we would win the league this year given the fact we had s rookie manager , needed a new team and without a budget close to the league favourites .

We had a complete top to bottom rebuilding job to do on and off the park

If we don’t panic , continue to put good backroom staff if place , nurture a great team spirit and get the fans onboard then I firmly believe that this will give us the foundations to build something special ,

Or we can chuck scarves on the and see how much that helps.

Tbh imo the support from the stands was really disappointing when we went 1-0 and 2-1 down

Can't see the casual/PATG fans rushing back after last night. Wasn't expecting to win the league either but we could be 7th after today, not acceptable by any standard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)