+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four games Four points-is that ok ?

Four games Four points-is that ok ?

Four points from four games so far. Are you all happy with that ? When the fixtures were announced, and gave us Arsenal Liverpool and Wolves amongst the opening games, could we really have asked for any more than that ? With a break next week and then a few decent games to obtain some points ,then , in four weeks time it could be looking a lot brighter.We are certainly capable of staying in a healthy position.Anyone else feel positive ?

Its not the points that worry me Malwayne, its the performances, We was very poor against Southampton for 50 minutes, surrendered the game against Wolves with hoof ball and Wolves overrunning us in midfield, and Wolves were very poor but we was worse, today it was very poor, yes it was one of the top six and I can hear BT ramming it down my throat that they are a Billion £ Club, but it does not detract that we are a long way from a reasonable Premier League Club, we have been here 4 years but are hanging on with our finger nails, and we shouldn't be with money in the coffers to strengthen, its disgraceful, deceitful and dicing with death.

I'm not even going to bother replying to your constant negativity Alto.

Attachment 13787

I think our major problem is our midfield is just not good enough on the ball against the quality teams in this division. The failure to get the 3 points at Wolves is a real "hurt", as realistically we were not going to get much if anything against Arsenal and Liverpool in the first 4 games. Making possession count is massive in the Premier League particularly and over a number of transfer windows our board has not strengthened with quality in midfield and now we get overrun and resort to long ball percentage football which is laughable against most teams in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm not even going to bother replying to your constant negativity Alto.

Attachment 13787
    You just have BT, and as long as we put in inept performances against the top six and other teams I'll be as negative as our performances, its P!SS poor from a Club who could try and strengthen with the money in reserve yet would rather buy second hand and try and wing it.

Just on the basic question, as someone who had the horrible feeling that we could be looking at zero points from our first four games, I'm more than happy with four, and just a bit miffed that we were only 20 seconds away from making it six. As far as I'm concerned it's a bloody good start, much better than I was expecting.

Agreed Sinkov and BT. Never thought we'd beat Liverpool or Arsenal. Still, they had a crack in parts. And Wolves was a crucial loss of 2 points. Conclusion: we are not top six quality but might steal 1 or 2 points this season from them. Any one else is fair game for 3 points and an attacking mindset seems to have kicked already in those games with opposition closer to our level, IMO. But Chris Wood needs the riot act read, he is a spud of late. Jay should be starting. The tail can't wag the dog SD, it's time to speak your mind by challenging the players to fight for their place.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    Agreed Sinkov and BT. Never thought we'd beat Liverpool or Arsenal. Still, they had a crack in parts. And Wolves was a crucial loss of 2 points. Conclusion: we are not top six quality but might steal 1 or 2 points this season from them. Any one else is fair game for 3 points and an attacking mindset seems to have kicked already in those games with opposition closer to our level, IMO. But Chris Wood needs the riot act read, he is a spud of late. Jay should be starting. The tail can't wag the dog SD, it's time to speak your mind by challenging the players to fight for their place.
    I simply fail to understand why our coaching staff cannot teach Wood how to stay onside. While they are at it, perhaps a week or two on improving his first touch might help as well...

Attachment 13789

I like Wood, I thought he could develop into a very useful PL striker, but it's not really happening is it. I am starting to lose faith in him and, as Oz suggests, maybe we should be giving Jay a run out with Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I like Wood, I thought he could develop into a very useful PL striker, but it's not really happening is it. I am starting to lose faith in him and, as Oz suggests, maybe we should be giving Jay a run out with Ashley.
    A lack of pace and no footballing brain are coming home to roost for Wood sinkov.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)