+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Dear Mr Ardley

I was wrong ,what do i know about football? ,keep up the good work!

Bridpie78
    starting to feel the same but not letting myself get carried away!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    starting to feel the same but not letting myself get carried away!
    A 41.2% win ratio this season and things are certainly starting to look much healthier.

Just realised I did us an injustice in the position by match graph last night and only had us in 6th place when we are of course in 5th having now increased our GD over Solihull by +1! In my defence I was making a chicken jalfrezi for tea at the same time.

Name:  positionmatch17.JPG
Views: 1312
Size:  72.5 KB

3 weeks ago I thought that play-offs were probably the best we could hope for being 12 points off the top. That's now down to 5 points and we're really in the mix now, based on current form. If you'd offered me 5th place, 5 points off top on July 29th I would have dismissed it as fantasy. This is Notts, so feet have to remain firmly on the ground, but this is the best balanced squad, with quality for this level, that we've had for years. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

Just realised I did us an injustice in the position by match graph last night and only had us in 6th place when we are of course in 5th having now increased our GD over Solihull by +1! In my defence I was making a chicken jalfrezi for tea at the same time.

Views: 1312
Size:  72.5 KB

I've got us down as being 8th after game 14 (Fylde), BBC had same (though they have been known to make mistakes), see....
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49778563

3rd in the overall home games only table.
    Two away games coming up. If we can improve on the road then we may yet challenge for the auto-spot, but seeing that we've only just squeezed into the play-off zone for the first time this weekend, probably best not to get too carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I've got us down as being 8th after game 14 (Fylde), BBC had same (though they have been known to make mistakes), see....
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49778563

3rd in the overall home games only table.
    Two away games coming up. If we can improve on the road then we may yet challenge for the auto-spot, but seeing that we've only just squeezed into the play-off zone for the first time this weekend, probably best not to get too carried away.
    We were 8th until the Tuesday when Barnet and Solihull won their games in hand with Barnet beating Fylde 4-0 and Solihull beating Wrexham 3-1 putting them both above us after a completed round of 14 games. However I do get your point because in theory they hadn’t played those games at the time of the Fylde win so maybe should have left it as 8th place?

Yep two away league games coming up, Chesterfield are just starting to find a bit of form but remain inconsistent and Woking have had a terrible run of late drawing 2 and losing 4 of the last 6 games. If we can capitalise on that and hope above hope we keep our unbeaten run going it will start to solidify our play off spot if nothing else.

Have updated the attacking intent graph. Interesting to see that there is a pattern now emerging regarding our efficiency and attacking threat. The last five games sees us congregating around the lower right hand corner of the graph which would suggest not only are we creating a consistent number of chances per game but we are quite clinical in our finishing as well needing 5-6 chances per goal. It would be interesting to see how that compares to other teams but I have a feeling it would take me some considerable time to find and collate that data.

Name:  attackingefficiency17.JPG
Views: 1204
Size:  86.5 KB

The bottom left label should read "Lazy but clinical". I'll sort that out after the next game.

We were 8th until the Tuesday when Barnet and Solihull won their games in hand with Barnet beating Fylde 4-0 and Solihull beating Wrexham 3-1 putting them both above us after a completed round of 14 games. However I do get your point because in theory they hadn’t played those games at the time of the Fylde win so maybe should have left it as 8th place?
    I would imagine it's standard practice to make the distinction between weekend and mid-week games unless one fixture has been delayed until Monday for TV. As Fylde played us on the Saturday and then played somebody else on the Tuesday, it's not the same round of fixtures (as originally published), so I'd personally go with 8th. The only reason I pointed it out is because I thought I might have made a mistake on my own site, so it's fine by me if you want to leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I would imagine it's standard practice to make the distinction between weekend and mid-week games unless one fixture has been delayed until Monday for TV. As Fylde played us on the Saturday and then played somebody else on the Tuesday, it's not the same round of fixtures (as originally published), so I'd personally go with 8th. The only reason I pointed it out is because I thought I might have made a mistake on my own site, so it's fine by me if you want to leave it as it is.
    I suppose in this case the best thing to do is to use the postion we find ourselves in at the end of each game, afterall the graph is position game by game.

I have also adjusted the position after the Dover game because originally I put us in 12th as we were level with points, GD and goals scored with Solihull but league rules meant we were actually 13th due to Solihull having won one more game than us.

I have updated accordingly, thanks for pointing out I appreciate the feedback as it is still very much a work in progress.

Views: 1108
Size:  71.2 KB

Just been browsing Oddschecker and noticed Notts odds on promotion have shortened somewhat, currently 3rd shortest across the board with 9/2 looking the best price right now.

4th Shortest odds on winning the league at 9/1.

interestingly the bookies seem to have Solihull favourites to win the league.

Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast