+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Just been browsing Oddschecker and noticed Notts odds on promotion have shortened somewhat, currently 3rd shortest across the board with 9/2 looking the best price right now.

4th Shortest odds on winning the league at 9/1.

interestingly the bookies seem to have Solihull favourites to win the league.
    It is slightly surprising but they really did make it hard for us at Meadow Lane, a big strong side that gave us no time on the ball. I've a friend who lives in Solihull and says they have good backing and a deep 'catchment area' for fans. It'll be interesting to see how we fare against them in december.

Somebody must have lumped on somewhere because Notts are now second favourites for promotion after Solihull with best odds now at 4/1.

Disclaimer: I don’t bet so have never really understood how it works so I’m on a bit of a learning curve so my comment about someone lumping on might not be correct!

Okay, so the curse of live TV hits again.

Down to third place in the last 6 games form table, just above Chesterfield who have the same points as us for those games but slightly worse GD. As crap as everyone is saying Chesterfield were yesterday they are obviously starting to do something right?

Name:  formtablematch18.JPG
Views: 3110
Size:  78.7 KB

A slight blip in the points needed graph means our predicted points for the season drops slightly to 69pts vs the play off target we have set of 75pts. It is worth noting though that at the moment the predicted points for 7th place is currently 72pts.

To try and be more positive I have added a target line for 3rd place of 85pts. In the last 5 seasons anything between 79pts and 86pts has been enough so a target of 85 should be a fair one. The actual predicted points for 3rd spot as it stands is 82pts.

Name:  points_needed_match18.JPG
Views: 3081
Size:  91.2 KB

General match stats vs Chesterfield:

Goals: Chesterfield 1 - 0 Notts Co
    Shots on target: Chesterfield 3 - 6 Notts Co
    Shots off target: Chesterfield 2 - 9 Notts Co
    Attacks: Chesterfield 80 - 87 Notts Co
    Dangerous Attacks: Chesterfield 21 - 31 Notts Co
    Corners: Chesterfield 3 - 6 Notts Co
    Possession %: Chesterfield 36 - 64 Notts Co

Name:  positionmatch18.JPG
Views: 3275
Size:  72.0 KB

Woking Preview:

Following an impressive start the Cardinals go into this game rock bottom of the form table with only 3 draws and 3 losses from the last 6 games, scoring 6 and conceding 10 goals.

Their home form for last 6 home games is slightly better having only lost one game but drawing 4.

Notts’ away form has been their undoing so far this season having lost 3 of the last 6 on the road, drawing 2 and winning one. On paper this has draw written all over it however the bookies appear to have Notts as favourites for a win. Best odds via oddschecker.com;

Woking 21/10 | Draw 5/2 | Notts 11/8.

Subject to results elsewhere a win could lift Notts up to 4th place, a defeat and a return to the bottom half of the table is mathematically possible.

So last nights win leaves us 4th overall in the last 6 form table behind Barrow, Torquay and Harrogate. Nice to know we have already beaten Torquay and Harrogate this season, we face Barrow at home on the 16th November.

Name:  formtablematch19.JPG
Views: 2832
Size:  65.9 KB

Our PPG is hovering just below 1.6 which means we are currently predicted 72 points for the season. The good news is I might be able to remove the red line for relegation soon.

Name:  points_needed_match19_640px.JPG
Views: 2871
Size:  41.8 KB

League position game by game updated below. Average position for the season now sits at just below 13th. When I get chance I will recalculate to see how we average for say last 10 games as this might give us a better indication of progress.

Name:  positionmatch19_640px.JPG
Views: 2964
Size:  40.6 KB

Finally key stats for the match. It is interesting hearing from those who went last night saying hgow well we played but looking at the stats Woking were very much in the game but obviously nowhere near as clinical in front of goal as Notts were.

Name:  matchstats19.JPG
Views: 3023
Size:  36.8 KB

We have two home games coming up in the league vs Hartlepool on staurday and as mentioned earlier Barrow on 16th November with the FA Cup tie away to Ebbsfleet sandwiched in between.

Note: I have resized images to 640px to see how that works on all devices, if they look a bit small I can revert back to original sizes.

Nice one!

Maybe swap the relegation red line for a champions yellow line!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Nice one!

Maybe swap the relegation red line for a champions yellow line!
    Patience young man, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Patience young man, patience.
    Maybe after Dagenham on the 25th jan!

Hartlepool Preview:

Running late and just about to set off but here's a quick preview of today game.

Have looked at last 6 played by both teams to come up with a latest form head to head chart.

Name:  last 6 head to head match 20.JPG
Views: 2328
Size:  35.1 KB

Both teams have been in good form over recent weeks. Pools have shown slightly more attacking threat than Notts over the last 6 games but Notts have been more clinical in front of goal scoring every 6 chances created whereas Hartlepool need 7.5 chances per goal.

It will likely be a tight game and the stats show there should be at least 2 goals scored (so 0-0 then!).

Bookies appear to have Notts firm favourites with best odds on or around evens with best odds on Hartlepool at 3/1.

Right, I'm off, see you on the other side!

We drop a couple of places in the form table but results elsewhere mean we keep our play off spot thanks as well to pur superior GD which still remains the best in the league.

Name:  formtablematch20.JPG
Views: 2228
Size:  49.2 KB

Despite feeling like we were completely outplayed first half the final match stats actually stack up slightly in our favour which just goes to show how much we were pushing for a winner in that last 20 minutes or so.

Name:  matchstats20.JPG
Views: 2359
Size:  34.0 KB

Points needed chart looking a bit static but if nothing else we might be good money for a top 7 finish. Currently predicted at just over 71pts which is short of our 75pt target but might still be enough to sneak it.

Name:  points_needed_match20.JPG
Views: 2300
Size:  57.9 KB

Position by game starting to level off a little.

Name:  positionmatch20.JPG
Views: 2423
Size:  56.3 KB

If nothing else at least we showed some fight today which continues to give me hope that we can still challenge for a top 3 spot.

Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast