+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Very interesting and a good summary. I hope you continue next season.

It would be good for the new season if we could have a grey line on the projection chart showing our league position after each game for the season just finished and then we can easily compare where we are.

I’m expecting next season we will be better in the first month and in November as that is where we fell short this time around. Two groups of six games with six points return from each group is not enough if you want to win the title as we found out.
    Thanks MM. There is a league position chart after every game but could overlay the progress chart with it and see how it looks. I’ll have a play with a few examples from this season.

First league match preview of the season. I’ll be doing score predictions as well based on an algorithm I’ve been trialling that betting companies use which should be a laugh!

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...ver-athletic-a

First stats report of the season, not much to go on but have started the player ratings calculations

https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/match-1-dover-athletic-a

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    First stats report of the season, not much to go on but have started the player ratings calculations

They had MORE attacks than us, including dangerous ones? Actually, I should have guessed that

Cheers as always ncfcog. Are the player ratings 'out of' a finite possible maximum, such as 2.75 out of 5, or are they 'infinite'?

Thanks for this as usual. As I mentioned in a previous post it would be good to a see a graph with a line showing our league position last season compared to this.

I presume after yesterday’s game we are in a similar league position as last seasons opening away defeat to Eastleigh?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Thanks for this as usual. As I mentioned in a previous post it would be good to a see a graph with a line showing our league position last season compared to this.

I presume after yesterday’s game we are in a similar league position as last seasons opening away defeat to Eastleigh?
    Identical, 19th on the night after playing Eastleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    They had MORE attacks than us, including dangerous ones? Actually, I should have guessed that
    The opposition usually seem to have more dangerous attacks than us in games, IIRC from last season - which seems a more telling stat than possession.

What I’d love to know is what’s the actual definition of a dangerous attack? After all, Dover had more attacks and dangerous attacks than us, yet we had more efforts on/off target.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cheers as always ncfcog. Are the player ratings 'out of' a finite possible maximum, such as 2.75 out of 5, or are they 'infinite'?
    Thanks Swale. It will be infinite, especially the season total which will grow every game and will be clear after the Altrincham match. It looks small because at the moment as just one game and nothing in the goals for column yet!

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The opposition usually seem to have more dangerous attacks than us in games, IIRC from last season - which seems a more telling stat than possession.

What I’d love to know is what’s the actual definition of a dangerous attack? After all, Dover had more attacks and dangerous attacks than us, yet we had more efforts on/off target.
    According to the source I use for those stats an attack is counted every time a team advances with the ball. It becomes a dangerous attacking when they are advancing into vulnerable areas of the opposition territory, ie final third or threatening the opposition box. A dangerous attack could result in a goal, equally it can come to nothing. For example, a player might break down the wing in the opposition half and that would count as a dangerous attack. He might get held up so the attack falters but then he manages to break again so another dangerous attack. A defender blocks him and puts the ball out for a throw in. If the throw in is in a vulnerable area then that is classed as a dangerous attack etc etc.

The correlation between dangerous attacks and possession is an interesting one. Notts for example as a passing team (?) will take longer to mount a dangerous attack because they tend to pass the ball around the back a few times before advancing. A more direct team will take less time to launch a dangerous attack so are more likely to have more of them, but you could argue it’s all about quality not quantity?

Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast