+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    The untested keeper won man of the match!

I reckon it must have been a family member who awarded it.
    I guess it’s always good to encourage young players.

Speaking of which, are our youth team players allowed to train and play games at the moment, or are they regarded as non-elite?

Wealdstone won at Halifax tonight and have now got the same form for last 6 as Torquay which includes winning the last 5 games. Additionally Dagenham beat Boreham Wood which was good for Notts because a win by one goal would have put BW above us in the league.

Name:  5B55DA70-4FAC-4ECB-B8AB-D7DF3BEBB1D2.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  22.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Wealdstone won at Halifax tonight and have now got the same form for last 6 as Torquay which includes winning the last 5 games. Additionally Dagenham beat Boreham Wood which was good for Notts because a win by one goal would have put BW above us in the league.

Name:  5B55DA70-4FAC-4ECB-B8AB-D7DF3BEBB1D2.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  22.9 KB
    Sorry that pic is dreadful … https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/tables

Thought some of you might find this interesting, scatter chart plotting where every goal has been scored from so far this season (yes, that's right, all 10 of them). If you are on a pc you can hover over the dots for more information including goal scorer, opposition, venue (home/away), minute scored, who assisted and how the goal was scored. On a tablet or phone you should just be able to touch a dot to see the info.

I've embedded on the page hoping that it works, if not you can also view it here https://www.nottscountystats.com/stats

<div class="flourish-embed flourish-sports" data-src="visualisation/4336838"><script src="https://public.flourish.studio/resources/embed.js"></script></div>

Don't seem to be able to embed so best to click on the link.
    Last edited by ncfcog; 13-11-2020 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Can't embed??

Thanks for this. Based on these stats, 0-0 looks like a good bet.

Interesting to note that no fewer than 7 of our 10 goals have come in the first 30 minutes of games and we've only conceded 1 goal during that time.

Not looking nearly so clever for the last 30 minutes of games, though, when we've scored 2 but conceded 6. Makes you wonder if this is a fitness problem.

Then there's the fact that our 3 away games have featured a grand total of 3 goals - all of them in the last 30 minutes of the match (and 2 of them at the death).

Given that Halifax haven't won in the last five games, you'd hope we go for the jugular from the off. This is Notts, though, so we'll probably "respect the point" until some calamitous defensive error gifts Halifax a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Thanks for this. Based on these stats, 0-0 looks like a good bet.

Interesting to note that no fewer than 7 of our 10 goals have come in the first 30 minutes of games and we've only conceded 1 goal during that time.

Not looking nearly so clever for the last 30 minutes of games, though, when we've scored 2 but conceded 6. Makes you wonder if this is a fitness problem.

Then there's the fact that our 3 away games have featured a grand total of 3 goals - all of them in the last 30 minutes of the match (and 2 of them at the death).

Given that Halifax haven't won in the last five games, you'd hope we go for the jugular from the off. This is Notts, though, so we'll probably "respect the point" until some calamitous defensive error gifts Halifax a goal.
    Thanks for posting this. It’s great to know that people actually take the time to analyse the stats which is essential what they are there for, really appreciate it.

Thanks for posting this. It’s great to know that people actually take the time to analyse the stats which is essential what they are there for, really appreciate it.
    I probably don't do you justice ncfcog, because I always have a glance at the stats you provide but don't often comment. Parts of them (like the spider's web and some of the rainbow charts) are a sometimes a bit beyond me, but I am a stats man deep down and love the simpler stuff.
    This must take a lot of time and effort, and I really admire your work but probably don't appreciate it on here often enough.

Keep it coming, in my opinion the board would be less interesting without your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I probably don't do you justice ncfcog, because I always have a glance at the stats you provide but don't often comment. Parts of them (like the spider's web and some of the rainbow charts) are a sometimes a bit beyond me, but I am a stats man deep down and love the simpler stuff.
    This must take a lot of time and effort, and I really admire your work but probably don't appreciate it on here often enough.

Keep it coming, in my opinion the board would be less interesting without your input.
    Thanks Elite. It does take a lot of time but if I didn’t enjoy it I wouldn’t do it. I try to keep a mix of both simple and visual stats because everyone’s eye is drawn to different things. I’m quite creative so tend to try and do things that are also visually appealing but sometimes feel I might be over complicating things. I’m not fishing for compliments but I do appreciate your comments and would encourage and welcome as much feedback from people as possible, both good and critical.

Apologies for the delay in posting the Halifax report, been up to my neck in it with the day job!

Halifax report now up and have included the Chesterfield preview at the end of the article.

Also, look out for a couple of new charts including a closer look at the attacking and defensive qualities of all the VNL clubs.

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...halifax-town-a

Page 34 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast