+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Thanks for posting this. It’s great to know that people actually take the time to analyse the stats which is essential what they are there for, really appreciate it.
    No worries, thanks for taking the time and effort to analyse all of the data.

Although I watched the game, I was still staggered by your fact that we didn’t have a meaningful effort on goal for nearly an hour after scoring. Six attempts on goal in 90 minutes is so poor - I wonder what the owners make of it all. To paraphrase Sir Jimmy, if ye dinnae shoot, ye dinnae win.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    No worries, thanks for taking the time and effort to analyse all of the data.

Although I watched the game, I was still staggered by your fact that we didn’t have a meaningful effort on goal for nearly an hour after scoring. Six attempts on goal in 90 minutes is so poor - I wonder what the owners make of it all. To paraphrase Sir Jimmy, if ye dinnae shoot, ye dinnae win.
    Problem is there is a common theme appearing this season, start well, score, sit back. The slight increase in goal threat on Tuesday night only happened after Roberts came on. If he scored that sitter we might have scraped a 2-1 win, if they scored their sitter seconds later we end up losing 2-1. I try to be positive and optimistic but it’s definitely starting to cause me some concern now. The only real positive is that we don’t need to create loads of chances to score, that said we don’t need to face many to concede either!

Should Reeves' goal contribution be 3 (1 goal, 2 assists) rather than 2? Apologies in advance if I have misunderstood. Also, the xG / aG comparison in the Chesterfield preview section shows Halifax named instead of Chessie
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-11-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Should Reeves' goal contribution be 3 (1 goal, 2 assists) rather than 2? Apologies in advance if I have misunderstood. Also, the xG / aG comparison in the Chesterfield preview section shows Halifax named instead of Chessie
    Well spotted! Sum obviously worked on the contribution column for that cell? And yes, a dodgy bit of cut and paste going off!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Well spotted! Sum obviously worked on the contribution column for that cell? And yes, a dodgy bit of cut and paste going off!
    No problem. It's a superb project and resource.

Chesterfield review now up. Papering over the cracks?

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...chesterfield-a

What’s absolutely crazy is that we’ve now scored 4 goals in injury time this season, but only 1 between the 30th and 90th minutes (if my memory is correct - Reeves against Altrincham).

That is a very, very weird pattern, and it’s not like we’re unlucky during that time - we just seem to stop offering any kind of attacking threat for an entire hour.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    What’s absolutely crazy is that we’ve now scored 4 goals in injury time this season, but only 1 between the 30th and 90th minutes (if my memory is correct - Reeves against Altrincham).

That is a very, very weird pattern, and it’s not like we’re unlucky during that time - we just seem to stop offering any kind of attacking threat for an entire hour.
    Sitting back on an advantage or unable to raise the level?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Sitting back on an advantage or unable to raise the level?
    For me it’s sitting back when we get in front and trying to slow the game down, which hands the impetus to the opposition - especially away from home. It’s like we’re missing a ruthless streak and fall into bad habits like playing too deep and not looking to put the game to bed.

With three of our next four games at home, this is the time to see what we’re all about.

Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast