+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Fantastic stuff as always and thank-you mate. On that basis I predict a 7-3 home win.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Fantastic stuff as always and thank-you mate. On that basis I predict a 7-3 home win.
    Cheers, I think we are due to hammer someone soon, would be good to see that happen tonight and extend the unbeaten run

Cheers, I think we are due to hammer someone soon, would be good to see that happen tonight and extend the unbeaten run
    I enjoy the read each and every time I remember to read it! Always a bed here in AU if you make the journey. QP

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I enjoy the read each and every time I remember to read it! Always a bed here in AU if you make the journey. QP
    Thank you.

Fill yer boots. Wealdstone review now up . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...9-wealdstone-h

Fill yer boots. Wealdstone review now up . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...9-wealdstone-h
    Thanx for that. Very interesting and very impressive stats from Notts p.o.v.

Really interesting.

How are attacks and dangerous attacks calculated? Really surprised that Wealdstone came so close, compared to shots on and off target.

Also, how are player ratings calculated? Not sure how Reeves and Doyle who played well I thought and kept us going got 4.6 while Slocombe and Brindley got 8.62

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Really interesting.

How are attacks and dangerous attacks calculated? Really surprised that Wealdstone came so close, compared to shots on and off target.

Also, how are player ratings calculated? Not sure how Reeves and Doyle who played well I thought and kept us going got 4.6 while Slocombe and Brindley got 8.62
    An attack is calculated every time a team advances with the ball in possession, it becomes a dangerous attack when they enter zones on the pitch that would normally represent a threat on goal ie in or around the opposition penalty area.

Regarding the ratings it's really difficult because I can only use physical data to calculate these. In this game Reeves and Doyle probably suffered a little because we scored 3 and kept a clean sheet so they got weighted averages for things like minutes played and ppg. This does tend to even itself out though over the course of a number of games hence why they are still quite high in the overall ratings.

What I have also done this season is include some fantasy points into the calcs as well so yesterday Slocombe and the defenders got extra points for the clean sheet and likewise the attacking players got additional points for goals and assists. Players also lose points for things like yellow cards or conceding 2 or more goals.

Essentially I have taken every metric I can that provides a physical non subjective value and then I run them all together through a formula that creates the final rating. What I can't do is include things like tackles won, pass % etc because I don't have that data to hand. Also, there are subjective arguments about the validity of that type of data as well.

You can view all the latest player stats here https://www.nottscountystats.com/players-2020-21

The first table allows you to search or sort by column so for example you can view players in order of minutes played or by match ratings etc.

Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast