+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Thanks again ncfcog!

IB seems to have really hit his stride, at least for now, eh! What do you think the difference is? To my (very much amateurish) eyes his tactics are a better fit for the team he has. Playing defensively when your best players are people like Rodriguez and Enzio is a bit of a poor match.

But at the same time, the team's fitness seems to have come up a ways? Perhaps IB's formal education in sports sciences has improved overall training?

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Thanks again ncfcog!

IB seems to have really hit his stride, at least for now, eh! What do you think the difference is? To my (very much amateurish) eyes his tactics are a better fit for the team he has. Playing defensively when your best players are people like Rodriguez and Enzio is a bit of a poor match.

But at the same time, the team's fitness seems to have come up a ways? Perhaps IB's formal education in sports sciences has improved overall training?

There are two things for me in regards to tactics which are streets ahead of where we have been as a club for many years..

- The overloads down either flank when we attack - we are largely playing 3-5-2 but when the left of the 5 pushes forwards so does the left of the back 3 with Doyle sitting in and the right of the back 3 holding back at that point (and vice -versa for the right side). NL defences don't seem to know how to quite deal with it.

- The other is Rodriguez up top (or just behind Wootton). When he drops short to collect the ball the centre backs are unsure whether to track him and if they do the average NL centre back cannot deal with his skill on the ball. Chesterfield tried to nullify him by having someone man-mark but this came largely at the expense of any real attacking threat for them as it used up an extra midfielder allowing Doyle so much time and space in posssession.

Most of this was difficult to see on the live streams but in the stadium against Weymouth and Chesterfield it felt I was watching someone other than Notts (in a very good way). Credit to IB.

Mapperly, that's the kind of post I read this board for... interesting stuff.

^^^^^^ This. Excellent post AC

Without doubt it gave more space for Doyle to operate hence why he was efficiency effective last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Most of this was difficult to see on the live streams but in the stadium against Weymouth and Chesterfield it felt I was watching someone other than Notts (in a very good way).
    Yep, it reminded me of why I dislike watching live streams. From your seat in the stands you don't get the benefit of replays, but you see so, so much more of what's happening in the game.

Thanks again ncfcog!

Thanks JP and I would echo MapperlyPie's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    All the stats from the Chesterfield win in the play eliminator on saturday . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...off-eliminator
    Hang on that can't be right, I thought Rowe said they dominated the game?

Top work again mate

Cheers Jampie. I normally post utter dross on here TBF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Cheers Jampie. I normally post utter dross on here TBF.
    Without the utter dross we all post, this board would be as interesting as * **** ****** ****.

Edit: It looks like the swear filter censored 'a Neal Ardley team".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Without the utter dross we all post, this board would be as interesting as * **** ****** ****.

Edit: It looks like the swear filter censored 'a Neal Ardley team".
    Lol

Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast