+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Stats mean absolutely nothing. You can have 90% of every game lose 1 nil and get relegated.. There is too much of a reliance on meaningless stats. If the manager cant get a good assessment by watching the game, then he shouldn't be there..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Stats mean absolutely nothing. You can have 90% of every game lose 1 nil and get relegated.. There is too much of a reliance on meaningless stats. If the manager cant get a good assessment by watching the game, then he shouldn't be there..
    And yet you’ve used a stat to try and make your point? Maybe identifying what happens in the other 10% would go a long way to stopping it from happening and help avoid relegation eh?

Tamworth preview now up. A closer look at this weekends FA Cup tie. . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...-tamworth-fc-a

I've laid myself bare and produced an in depth assessment of what Notts can expect from Stockport tomorrow and the options IB might consider that could give his team the edge in what will be a closely fought encounter. Grab yersen a brew for this one . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...ort-county-h-1

I've laid myself bare and produced an in depth assessment of what Notts can expect from Stockport tomorrow and the options IB might consider that could give his team the edge in what will be a closely fought encounter. Grab yersen a brew for this one . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...ort-county-h-1
    Great stuff. Chances are IB will match them up with 3-4-3. That might've been one of the reasons we saw it v Tamworth.
    I remember seeing Southam-Hales play a blinder against us at RWB up at Hartlepool pre-lockdown Feb 2020 (was that only last year? seems like a lifetime ago). If we match them up, it'll be interesting to watch and compare the wing-back play.

And just realised their LWB Mark Kitching was playing for Hartlepool that day as well. He also had a blinder. 6ft 3'' LWB matching up against DKE. That'd be fun...
    It won't happen, but what would screw them (or us )the most would be going 4-3-3 with Nemane out wide right. Just to see Nemane and DKE doubling up on a giant LWB. Looking at their team, they're not going to be in 10th place for long

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    And just realised their LWB Mark Kitching was playing for Hartlepool that day as well. He also had a blinder. 6ft 3'' LWB matching up against DKE. That'd be fun...
    It won't happen, but what would screw them (or us )the most would be going 4-3-3 with Nemane out wide right. Just to see Nemane and DKE doubling up on a giant LWB. Looking at their team, they're not going to be in 10th place for long
    Yeah, Kitching will be handful as well. Also it's a toss up between Palmer and Logan for them at CB. The one positive I take from watching a load of their video is that unlike us where we will be patient in the build up looking for high value opportunities to get the ball forward they do seem to panic a bit and then just play a hopeful ball forward. I think we can look to benefit from that in midfield if we can pick up those loose balls.

This was the first time I've tried to be more tactical in my previews as I'm half way through completing a number of PFSA courses on performance analysis so thought I would try to put into practice a little bit of the stuff I've learned so far. Didn't realise it would be so time intensive!

Yeah, Kitching will be handful as well. Also it's a toss up between Palmer and Logan for them at CB. The one positive I take from watching a load of their video is that unlike us where we will be patient in the build up looking for high value opportunities to get the ball forward they do seem to panic a bit and then just play a hopeful ball forward.
    That's probably the way 3-5-2 and possession game goes in the lower league. IB is more committed to his beliefs maybe. Many fans ask for a change in style or at least to mix it up, and that's probably where Stockport are now. Have variation by all means, but I'd prefer IB's methods be given a fair chance of bedding in/improving instead of resorting to too many hopeful balls.

Don't worry about the time, OG. It's probably one of those things that gets faster the more you get into it. And if it's enjoyable, it's got to be better than spending too much time on NCM!

Main thing I noticed in those stats is how much of an outlier our possession game is at this level. Stockport are probably closest to it, Rusk gets all the same sorts of criticism from their fans, but they’re not even really close to us on average possession and number of passes.

Page 60 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast