+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Main thing I noticed in those stats is how much of an outlier our possession game is at this level. Stockport are probably closest to it, Rusk gets all the same sorts of criticism from their fans, but they’re not even really close to us on average possession and number of passes.
    Yeah, we massively outweigh most teams in this area. I do believe though that some of that is because we are much more patient in the build up. Most fans will be screaming gerritt forward but then will lose their heads when the ball comes straight back again. At least there's a reason for the patient build up play and the fact we score highly at getting players into the final third means it must be working to a degree?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Don't worry about the time, OG. It's probably one of those things that gets faster the more you get into it. And if it's enjoyable, it's got to be better than spending too much time on NCM!
    Very true!

Always an interesting read, although at times my limited attention span means I skim some of it. Good luck with your studies and maybe one day you’ll be working for the club and we’ll look forward to some real insider knowledge on here, you could be the new (and genuine) ITK poster ��

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Always an interesting read, although at times my limited attention span means I skim some of it. Good luck with your studies and maybe one day you’ll be working for the club and we’ll look forward to some real insider knowledge on here, you could be the new (and genuine) ITK poster ��
    Cheers, will have to be quick though, I'm not getting any younger!

I have to say how informative and enjoyable your stats are ncfcog, makes NCM a far better place. I also liked your tactical observations, keep up the good, time consuming, work 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I have to say how informative and enjoyable your stats are ncfcog, makes NCM a far better place. I also liked your tactical observations, keep up the good, time consuming, work 
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    At least there's a reason for the patient build up play and the fact we score highly at getting players into the final third means it must be working to a degree?
    Means nothing if the ball doesn’t end up in the back of the net, the only stats you need to look at is the league table, that says it all. Ultimately there are 9 teams above us with better results and tactics.

Stockport stats and Bromley preview all in one big bumper article …

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...kport-county-h

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Means nothing if the ball doesn’t end up in the back of the net, the only stats you need to look at is the league table, that says it all. Ultimately there are 9 teams above us with better results and tactics.
    Ultimately yes the league table is the measuring stick but if you keep doing the rights things long enough, you will get your rewards eventually.

I think it's safe to say now those 3 losses were down to losing 4 key players in 1 area of the pitch at the same time, out side of those 3 losses, we're unbeaten. I'm very optimistic we'll have a good season

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Stats mean absolutely nothing. You can have 90% of every game lose 1 nil and get relegated.. There is too much of a reliance on meaningless stats. If the manager cant get a good assessment by watching the game, then he shouldn't be there..
    Football has moved on mate, everything is based on stats, even at our level.

Page 61 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast