+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Great stuff as always og. Thank you

One thing I found quite interesting was on the goals conceded scatter. Most goals we have conceded in the box were either central or on the right side. So either Cameron/Chickson doing a great job there on the left, or maybe just pure chance

If you were to discount the Munto season, when was the last time we had a permanent manager with a better win ratio?

2009/2010 was just mental and I don't think you can use these figures in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post

One thing I found quite interesting was on the goals conceded scatter. Most goals we have conceded in the box were either central or on the right side. So either Cameron/Chickson doing a great job there on the left, or maybe just pure chance
    If I'm not mistaken, Kyle Cameron hasn't lost a competitive match for Notts yet!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post

Thanks, it’s hard to say but can have a scan through the goals and see if there’s any pattern. I’ll see what other data there is on Wyscout that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Kyle Cameron hasn't lost a competitive match for Notts yet!
    No I don’t think he has, also has the highest ppg in the Notts squad for players who have played more than 500 mins in the league.

I love these break downs. Thank you for putting the time and effort in and sharing with us all.

The stat that jumps out at me is the time when we concede. Looks like we concede a higher percentage of goals in the final 15 minutes.

Is this a fitness aspect or a mental one? Or just something arbitrary

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    I love these break downs. Thank you for putting the time and effort in and sharing with us all.

The stat that jumps out at me is the time when we concede. Looks like we concede a higher percentage of goals in the final 15 minutes.

It feels like we have always conceded more than other teams in the last few minutes of games - my dad and I used to call it 'Notts County-itis', as I've lost count of the amount of late goals we concede, particularly after 85 minutes.

Am I making that up or do people agree with me?

Apart from the Halifax & Woking games, I think we've been pretty good at keeping it tight later on

**yep. 5 of the 8 goals conceded from 76-90 were in those 2 games!
    Last edited by SaltySeaDog; 13-01-2022 at 08:48 AM.

I believe this would be a common pattern across many teams and all leagues. Not necessarily the last 15 minutes but certainly more goals later in games as fatigue sets in and concentration levels drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    I believe this would be a common pattern across many teams and all leagues. Not necessarily the last 15 minutes but certainly more goals later in games as fatigue sets in and concentration levels drop.
    Fair point and just looking at the National League it does appear to be exactly that. 22% of goals are scored in the last 15minutes

Min. Goals % goals
    0-15 83 12.0%
    16-30 100 14.4%
    31-45 128 18.4%
    46-60 105 15.1%
    61-75 126 18.2%
    76-90 152 21.9%

Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast