+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Sounds like we need to keep an eye on Tollitt or he might flush right through our defenders
    If we win despite him it might be considered papering over the cracks.

All the stats, data and analysis from another dominant display by Luke Williams' flying Magpies!

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...ham-athletic-h

Ncfcog great read as always, i was wondering is langstaff as good as we all think and wanted to see his Xg vs actual goals scored and compare him to the rest of the squad and vs previous strikers we've had. Do you have this information?

Quote Originally Posted by KPie View Post
    Ncfcog great read as always, i was wondering is langstaff as good as we all think and wanted to see his Xg vs actual goals scored and compare him to the rest of the squad and vs previous strikers we've had. Do you have this information?
    21 goals from an xG of 19.13 so is essentially scoring slightly better than the value of the chances created. Would be quite ridiculous if he increased that gap further.

Notts xG for the 24 games played in the league so far is 52.88, 2.20xG per game. Seeing as we have scored 63 goals in the league the whole team are collective scoring more than expected.

Wrexham are pretty similar, an xG of 47.14, 2.05 xG per game and have scored 60, so again, like Notts they are over achieving in front of goal.

Of course the other thing to consider is the number of chances created because this will increase your xG value if you create a lot like us and Wrexham.

The interesting one to look at is xG per shot, so the average xG value of all attempts on goal. Notts is currently 0.138 and Wrexham is 0.127 so Notts on average create higher value chances. I think we can see that from the number of chances we have inside the box, especially from out wide. This should hopefully be one of those small margin stats that can be the difference in the title race, likewise with goals conceded, but I'm not going to drop all that data on you right now!

Regarding other players and their xG Scott has 11 league goals with an xG of just 6.31 which probably makes him the most clinical finisher in the team. Chicks ahs 7 goals from an xG of 4.6 but that doesn't include the goal he nicked of Macca which was about a 0.68 xG so he would be closer to 5.28 xG for his 7 goals which is pretty much as expected.

Interestingly Ruben's xG is higher than his 8 goals so far at 10.13 suggesting he's not quite as clinical as he might be, but now he's on a bit of a roll you would expect him to flip that trend over the second half of the season.

Just so you know we will be publishing our Q2 report later this evening, every NL club and key players covered as well as individual club stats and what that could mean for the next dozen or so games.

Stats report now up for the draw at Oldham . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...ham-athletic-a

So from the stats... we completely dominated the match but with two mistakes gave away a draw... sounds about right.

Fine lines in sport. Take out the first howler and the match thread is halved instantly. No hint of LW and JB being bessies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    So from the stats... we completely dominated the match but with two mistakes gave away a draw... sounds about right.
    That was almost about right. We didn’t make much of the chances we created though, and I’m not sure it’s in the stats but I don’t think either keeper made a save in the entire match.

Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast