+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bookies!

Well it's not often the bookies give you free money but I lumped on tonight:-

Belgium ht/ft at evens
    Belgium minus 1 at 11/10
    Then Belgium to score the third goal in the match at 4/6
    Then Belgium to score the fourth goal in the match at 3/2
    Got greedy and put them on to score the fifth at 7/2

That's this Saturday paid for.

Easy easy money tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Well it's not often the bookies give you free money but I lumped on tonight:-

Belgium ht/ft at evens
    Belgium minus 1 at 11/10
    Then Belgium to score the third goal in the match at 4/6
    Then Belgium to score the fourth goal in the match at 3/2
    Got greedy and put them on to score the fifth at 7/2

That's this Saturday paid for.

Easy easy money tonight.
    brilliant

Not even tempted by BTTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Fair enough I realise not everybody has a moral compass built as solidly as mine but I certainly won't apologise for having a social conscience.

You lot that don't care about others in society are perfectly entitled to carry on with your hun mindsets if you so choose 👍
    Moral Compass? Social conscience? Are you fυckin wise?

Even if your proposed alcohol ban alleviates those known social issues you have mentioned, which it wouldn't, have you considered the 'flipside'?

Probably not ... so here's what you are proposing.

Hundreds of thousands of job losses ... and that's only the breweries, distilleries and dedicated retail outlets ( pubs and clubs)

Tens, perhaps even hundreds of thousands more as off licences and local/corner shops close or downsize staffing due to significant loss of takings.

Thousands more in services associated with the above

Thousands more from suppliers ( barley growers, farmers etc )

The result? Misery and poverty for families and communities..... leading to an array of associated social problems, and costs ... benefits, support etc.

Breakdown of traditional communities which had a brewery/distillery at it's heart, traditionally being a major employer.

Hundreds/thousands of other jobs lost due to downturn in local economies hardest hit by job losses.

Massive slump in the economy in general due to the huge drop in the collection of alcohol sales revenues ... leading to further cuts and job losses.

Surviving businesses, for whom alcohol sales were previously of significant benefit, supermarkets, local shops etc, will put up prices on everything else to fill the void ... thereby hurting already struggling families and likely creating poverty where previously none existed.

I could go on ... but if you have any clue about economics, you will realise that of all the 'dominoes' destined to topple, I have only covered possibly the first 7 or 8 of the set.

Perhaps when you get round to googling the definition of 'racism', you might also wish to google 'Nanny State' and 'Facsism' .... whether or not you agree such definitions apply to your, in my view, totalitarian suggestion, you cannot deny that the effect it would have would be compared to Thatcher's trashing of the Scottish steel industry and the UK coal mining industry.

... Maybe worse! .... folks losing their jobs, homes etc in the 80s could at least drown their fυckin sorrows!

I think the ban on alcohol is good because the thinking behind it is reasonable but I would much prefer a total ban on drugs. Look at the state people are getting themselves into and the damage it is doing. Drug people can do as they please if they pay the correct price....something wrong with our country’s tolerance of drugs. It truly is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Moral Compass? Social conscience? Are you fυckin wise?

Even if your proposed alcohol ban alleviates those known social issues you have mentioned, which it wouldn't, have you considered the 'flipside'?

Probably not ... so here's what you are proposing.

Hundreds of thousands of job losses ... and that's only the breweries, distilleries and dedicated retail outlets ( pubs and clubs)

Tens, perhaps even hundreds of thousands more as off licences and local/corner shops close or downsize staffing due to significant loss of takings.

Thousands more in services associated with the above

Thousands more from suppliers ( barley growers, farmers etc )

The result? Misery and poverty for families and communities..... leading to an array of associated social problems, and costs ... benefits, support etc.

Breakdown of traditional communities which had a brewery/distillery at it's heart, traditionally being a major employer.

Hundreds/thousands of other jobs lost due to downturn in local economies hardest hit by job losses.

Massive slump in the economy in general due to the huge drop in the collection of alcohol sales revenues ... leading to further cuts and job losses.

Surviving businesses, for whom alcohol sales were previously of significant benefit, supermarkets, local shops etc, will put up prices on everything else to fill the void ... thereby hurting already struggling families and likely creating poverty where previously none existed.

I could go on ... but if you have any clue about economics, you will realise that of all the 'dominoes' destined to topple, I have only covered possibly the first 7 or 8 of the set.

Perhaps when you get round to googling the definition of 'racism', you might also wish to google 'Nanny State' and 'Facsism' .... whether or not you agree such definitions apply to your, in my view, totalitarian suggestion, you cannot deny that the effect it would have would be compared to Thatcher's trashing of the Scottish steel industry and the UK coal mining industry.

... Maybe worse! .... folks losing their jobs, homes etc in the 80s could at least drown their fυckin sorrows!
    Goodbye hangovers though, every cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Wow did you read any single word of the post i wrote. Go and have another shot. Everything you just wrote is a consequence of the society we live in not alcohol. if you banned alcohol it would be whatever narcotic the person could get their hands on because they need to escape from the **** life they have. You sound like every sad politician who says we're going to have a war on drugs without scraping the surface to examine what it is driving the person to take drugs in the first place.
    And i'm not away to have a pint I was being flippant. I don't drink through the week because i need to drive to work in the morning. Who are you though to say that on a Saturday night I can't it and watch TV with a few nice craft beers because they are ruining the world. It's all about choice.
    Well said - spot on

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think the ban on alcohol is good because the thinking behind it is reasonable but I would much prefer a total ban on drugs. Look at the state people are getting themselves into and the damage it is doing. Drug people can do as they please if they pay the correct price....something wrong with our country’s tolerance of drugs. It truly is disgusting.
    Eh?

I try to ignore Devanha as he's clearly at it & fishing (& doing a bloody good job to be fair going by many of the responses - dinna bite folks its fit he's after - but I canna let this one go.

Fit do you mean a total ban on drugs? You mean legal prescription drugs? If so, what sort - all of them?

There's definitely an issue with over prescribing of pain medication & opioids in this country (and most western countries) but that's down to the Doctors, who should know far better, dishing them out like sweeties, nae the drugs themselves per se.

So fit dee ya mean "a total ban on drugs". I'm intrigued

I kain a lad fa is a top earner (offshore) and he gambles nearly 24-7. He will have the horsey channel on his full trip away and gamble horses on all continents that is on the horse racing channel. He often goes home with less money than the lowest paid. Sad state and he is not for turning!

I'd get the gaming machines out of the bookies. They're a pox.

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    I kain a lad fa is a top earner (offshore) and he gambles nearly 24-7. He will have the horsey channel on his full trip away and gamble horses on all continents that is on the horse racing channel. He often goes home with less money than the lowest paid. Sad state and he is not for turning!
    When I started here there was a weegie tim boy for the first few trips. He liked a flutter. But big flutters and his mood changed dependant on the wins or losses at the weekend

A special chopper came in one day(bearing in mind choppers are banned here and only used in emergencies). When I asked the Deck Foreman/HLO what it was for he told me it was for the boy. He had had a break down over night as he had gambled away everything over the weekend trying to chase his losses.

On another note I still cant believe fag advertising is banned, drink is to an extent yet gambling companies are f@cking everywhere in all sports. Its just as bad if not worse for causing problems

I have no issue with smoking, drinking or gambling and partake in two of the three. But in moderation on both counts.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast