+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Set piece

Can I count corner kicks as set pieces? I thought the first corner by Westwood against Norwich was a gem because it was headed in by Wood at near post, so naturally it's a good set piece. To my disappointment though, EVERY corner kick was aimed at the same spot, making us predictable and dealt with successfully. Crowding the six yard box on every corner kick? Better to apply variation to keep them guessing and working harder to keep us out e.g. a couple over the penalty spot? It's an example of how sometimes they fall back on 'safety works', and don't trust themselves that they can do things in other ways. Thoughts anyone?

Westwood hit one good corner which brought the first goal. He then failed to clear the first man on at least half a dozen other occasions and truthfully that is nowhere near good enough.

We have to thank Will for that first goal though, when someone points out we're not scoring from corners any more, we were bound to score from one next game, always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We have to thank Will for that first goal though, when someone points out we're not scoring from corners any more, we were bound to score from one next game, always happens.
    I'll take that Sinkov!
    And to you Oz... I count corners as a set piece, and I fully agree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)