+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi away roll call, match thread and sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    This will be my first trip to Livi. Any advice on where to park gratefully received

Not sure why I'm going as it will be a 0-0 borefest
    Park in Edinburgh so that by the time you walk to the ground the game will be over and you will have missed what will undoubtedly be one of the most horrendous games of football that's ever taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    All for "shaking it up" but name me a time when 3 at the back has worked for us.
    I genuinely am struggling to recall a time it has.
    Aye, hopefully we won't try that. I think McInnes will bring Logan back in and shoehorn Vyner into a sitting midfield role alongside Ferguson. It'll end up something like this...
    Lewis
    Logan Devlin Considine Leigh
    Vyner Ferguson
    Hegdes Main McLennan
    Cosgrove

I think this will be the game where he unleashes the Main man to try and run around a lot and maybe latch on to the big punts along with Cosgrove. He might put Wilson in though I guess as I think it was at Livi he scored that absolute belter last season - then again he might just bring him on for the final 5 minutes as usual.

All for "shaking it up" but name me a time when 3 at the back has worked for us.
    I genuinely am struggling to recall a time it has.
    Just because it didn’t work with other players doesn't mean it won’t work with these. 4231 worked with the teams of 2/3 year ago and it certainly doesn't now. Back then we didn’t have a left back to play the wing back role i think now with Leigh we do. I would be willing to try anything to make us better to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Aye, hopefully we won't try that. I think McInnes will bring Logan back in and shoehorn Vyner into a sitting midfield role alongside Ferguson. It'll end up something like this...
    Lewis
    Vyner Ferguson
    Hegdes Main McLennan
    Cosgrove

I think this will be the game where he unleashes the Main man to try and run around a lot and maybe latch on to the big punts along with Cosgrove. He might put Wilson in though I guess as I think it was at Livi he scored that absolute belter last season - then again he might just bring him on for the final 5 minutes as usual.
    F**k me DC, that starting X1 would give me the fear;

Vyner as a holding midfielder.
    Main as a "no 10"?
    Thank f**k I've decided not to bother my a**e going on Saturday :-)

Hard to say what the team will be;
    If we're assuming all of McKenna, Bryson, Gallagher, Gleeson, Wright & Ojo are missing, then maybe;

Lewis
    Ferguson Campbell
    Wilson Hedges McLennan
    Cosgrove.

0-1 defeat

Personally, I'd play Wilson just off Cosgrove, but McInnes won't do that.

F**k me DC, that starting X1 would give me the fear;

Vyner as a holding midfielder.
    Main as a "no 10"?
    Thank f**k I've decided not to bother my a**e going on Saturday :-)

Hard to say what the team will be;
    If we're assuming all of McKenna, Bryson, Gallagher, Gleeson, Wright & Ojo are missing, then maybe;

Lewis
    Ferguson Campbell
    Wilson Hedges McLennan
    Cosgrove.

0-1 defeat

Personally, I'd play Wilson just off Cosgrove, but McInnes won't do that.
    If we're sticking to the 4231 which we will be, I would go with the lineup you've stated, but I would also prefer to see more of a 442 with Wilson alongside Cosgrove. I'm just not sure he'll play Wilson from the start, and the type of game it'll likely means he'll maybe want Main's physicality. For that reason i'm also unsure whether he'll play Campbell, which is why I'm wondering whether he'll stick Vyner in the midfield slot in the same way he used Hoban and Ball at CB, RB and DM positions.

Whilst I don't disagree, you best resign yourself to the fact it ain't happening any time soon.
    I resigned myself to that fact a long time ago RST, but I continue to live in hope pal, and until the day that it does happen its clearer than clear that we are not going to progress under the current regime.

Bruce Anderson scored v Huddersfield reserves earlier. Still scoring still no game time in 1st team

In/Out - Out, f'uck that for a game of soldiers.

F'uck knows what the score will be. You cant trust our lot in the slightest.

Draw or a defeat - then we "go again" in midweek - yawn...

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Bruce Anderson scored v Huddersfield reserves earlier. Still scoring still no game time in 1st team
    It beggars belief that Anderson has not had a run in the first team,
    Another serious failing of our fkn illustrious leader

Aside from the fact that Milne is highly unlikely to ever sack McInnes, the whole argument that grinds my gears is the "aaaah, remember how bad it was under McGhee etc"...
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I really cannot fkn believe the amount of folks out there who always cast up the "remember McGhee" thing and it really p1sses me off.
    Who is it that brings McGhee up?
    Seems to be only those that say they are p!ssed at the comparison

Indeed a quick search of the last month shows McGhee references by: -

BlowUpSheep x 3
    RedStarTorphins x 2
    Pacman1903 x 2
    Pittodrie1903 - AFC Limericks thread
    Rico94 - Sarcastically
    Red_John

So you two are the guys who bring him up the most

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast