+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence and Bennett...

I think Adi will be in good company, the story is in the national press

The wife's away with her dad and sister, so I'm in the company of my rabbit, and Bill Oddie's Little Black Bird Book. Make of that what you will!

The video is everywhere, I'm sure you'll all find it. Its quite innocent really, unlike the later incident.

I think the Bennett video changes things on all sorts of levels...certainly as far as getting into a car with him is concerned and as far as a professional sportsman getting himself into that state too.

Otherwise MA is, imo, absolutely right. The facts are unlikely to be known until mid October at the earliest when this matter comes to court. Even then it may probably be adjourned.
    Personally I can’t remember ever feeling so despondent about matters surrounding DCFC.
    Suppose two of the biggest names ever involved with the club, Clough and McGrath, had their issues with alcohol. There have been others too, but this feels like a new low.
    One ‘contributor’ in particular seems - as ever - to delight in making one unsubstantiated allegation after another but as MA and AF have suggested it is both personally unwise and unhelpful to the club to continue with this sort of unfounded witch-hunt.

Got to feel sorry for Morris...disappointment on the pitch is one thing...all this is quite another.

It comes with the territory. Last season you idolised your players bouncing with fans in the pub and revered the amount Lampard spent on his bar bill.

Bit of a drinking culture at the club it seems, which isn't always a bad thing, but drink driving? I hope they get years inside.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    It comes with the territory. Last season you idolised your players bouncing with fans in the pub and revered the amount Lampard spent on his bar bill.

Bit of a drinking culture at the club it seems, which isn't always a bad thing, but drink driving? I hope they get years inside.
    Sanctioned evening out 4 days before the next game. Cars there to ferry players home at 8. Most went. 5 and possibly 6 carried on.

Wasm't the FL bar bill thing after knocking Man U out of the League Cup? You take 2 incidents and it becomes a culture?

I'm not making light of what happened on Tuesday but to turn 2 incidents into a culture is way off the mark.

I thought that 3k bill was after Leeds away playoff game, but there may have been a post manure cup game piss up too

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post

Fair point, baldi...but then, also to be fair...we wouldn’t know if there’s a ‘drinking culture’ amongst your lot...you haven’t had anything to celebrate since promotion from League 1 in 2008.

Everyone makes mistakes, lets hope they learn from it!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Fair point, baldi...but then, also to be fair...we wouldn’t know if there’s a ‘drinking culture’ amongst your lot...you haven’t had anything to celebrate since promotion from League 1 in 2008.
    What happens when you toss a lit match into a barrel of unleaded?

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Wayne Rooney.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes, lets hope they learn from it!
    Sorry MOP, much as I like you, not having that.
    What they did was unforgivable. A wrecked Range Rover is one thing. But it could have also have resulted in innocent deaths.
    They knew what they were doing, no one forced them. If they really are that thick and stupid, they should never have been allowed driving licenses.
    Jail for me, is the only message to be sent out.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)