+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QOS Tanner Fund

QOS Tanner Fund

From Richie Nicoll on Twitter and Facebook pages ->

Another step forward - finally confirmed bank accounts which means we can get it out there and get direct debits and payments!

Please email QoSTannerFund@Hotmail.com or send your email through here and will give details

Really could do to having a wee kick off meeting just to establish priorities and next steps... what about a wee poll with random dates... if you could
    Pick one if interested that would be favourable and if not then suggest another

Monday 7th October

Monday 14th October

Thank you all for your offers of help with the fund and is gravely appreciated. As I am out of the country until last week of November I’m keen to get things moving especially on the committee front. I’m keen therefore to arrange a meeting in which I can dial into.

To ensure complete transparency and peace and quiet I propose setting the first meeting away from Queens and as I have a classroom in Heathhall Business Park (with brew kit!) I propose to use this if this would be accessible for all?

The bank account is expected to be operational some point through the week so we can push the direct debit requests out there, but keen to put heads together to a) elect a committee and b) chuck other fundraising ideas out there... top ideas so far are the likes of CarBoot Sales at Palmy CarPark etc..

In regards to a committee I’d like the following positions to be cemented:

Chairperson
    Deputy Chairperson
    Treasurer
    Secretary
    Fundraising Officer
    Social Media / Marketing / Advertising Guru

If you would like to volunteer for a position please either highlight it on this thread or email QoSTannerFund@hotmail.com and proposal can be voiced at the Inaugural meeting.

Ideally would look at a date in the next couple/weeks?

Delighted this is finally kicking off. Personally think it’s a great idea and brilliant that’s its run by such a dedicated Queens supporter.
    Just happened to notice that Dumbarton FC are the latest club doing a similar scheme.

Can someone spell out the aims and objectives of this please? Not sure what a Tanner Fund entails.

great idea from richie ,as long as the funds go straight to the playing staff budget and not the board which has previously been stated by richie on the facebook site im sure it should help ,lets just hope queens board dont see an opportunity to reduce there own budget to incorporate the fans funds to replace it tho .

Can someone spell out the aims and objectives of this please? Not sure what a Tanner Fund entails.

I suppose it is along the lines of the £9,000 that the Barflies give Queens every year for Youth Development except any money
    raised by the Tanner Fund would be ring - fenced to go towards a player recruitment fund only.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    great idea from richie ,as long as the funds go straight to the playing staff budget and not the board which has previously been stated by richie on the facebook site im sure it should help ,lets just hope queens board dont see an opportunity to reduce there own budget to incorporate the fans funds to replace it tho .
    Give it a rest. You’re like a broken record.

They (the Board) may still reduce the budget by the same figure as the "tanner fund" produces !

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)