+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Browsers"

"Browsers"

It's been mentioned before but as I post this there are 54 guests browsing this forum and 2 members, me and claw. It's no wonder some threads don't get many comments. How many active members do we have, about 20? Perhaps we are the smallest forum, low on members but high on quality, can't be all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    It's been mentioned before but as I post this there are 54 guests browsing this forum and 2 members, me and claw. It's no wonder some threads don't get many comments. How many active members do we have, about 20? Perhaps we are the smallest forum, low on members but high on quality, can't be all bad.
    All across social media there is a huge element of overkill on the subject of football k_c. I thought the number of posts on here about the death of a pop singer (18) which were more in number than about our own Taffy's final pass (11) epitomised the growing disinterest in football. Are the FA/EPL/FA/PGMOL killing the fans interest?

By my estimate there are around 25 dedicated BFC fan social media forums currently active with members, it's no wonder the death of the Moody Blues front man captures more interest than Burnley rocking up at Old Trafford.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    All across social media there is a huge element of overkill on the subject of football k_c. I thought the number of posts on here about the death of a pop singer (18) which were more in number than about our own Taffy's final pass (11) epitomised the growing disinterest in football. Are the FA/EPL/FA/PGMOL killing the fans interest?

By my estimate there are around 25 dedicated BFC fan social media forums currently active with members, it's no wonder the death of the Moody Blues front man captures more interest than Burnley rocking up at Old Trafford.
    I suppose that's why some forums either ban or try to dissuade "off topic" posts but with a small forum like this one I think it helps keep it going. It's a bit like a bunch of mates meeting to talk footie but then discussing other issues of interest. I'm meeting up with Sir Outwood next Saturday for lunch and a pint and I doubt we'll talk footie all afternoon but without this forum it would never have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I suppose that's why some forums either ban or try to dissuade "off topic" posts but with a small forum like this one I think it helps keep it going. It's a bit like a bunch of mates meeting to talk footie but then discussing other issues of interest. I'm meeting up with Sir Outwood next Saturday for lunch and a pint and I doubt we'll talk footie all afternoon but without this forum it would never have happened.
    Yet forum member pressure saw off us discussing the genocide of Palestinians by the UK & US political arms alliance, and the murderous Israeli criminal regime. Someone described it last week by saying it's a repeat of Auschwitz without the gas chambers.

Name:  Auschwitz.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  19.7 KB

Enjoy your meet-up with Sir Outwood.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I must be behind the times, 25 forums? I thought there was only this and ************, a Google search doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    I must be behind the times, 25 forums? I thought there was only this and ************, a Google search doesn't help.
    That's what I thought. I know there are a few Facebook groups but FB doesn't suit itself to fan forums, it's too linear.

BT Must be behind times, he writes '' and the murderous Israeli criminal regime.''

Maybe he thinks the ''others'' are innocent little children? Todays news reads ..... https://www.ynetnews.com/category/3083

''US secretary of state to tour Kibbutz Be'eri, which lost over 100 members in Oct. 7 massacre, and Kerem Shalom crossing joined by Defense Minister Yoav Gallant and Foreign Minister Israel Katz.

'' they say news travels fast ? But in some parts of Lancashire, ( i e Bolton ) it seems it does not get there at all ??

i e: ''On 7 October 2023, the Palestinian Islamist militant group Hamas initiated a surprise attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip. As part of the attack, 364 civilians were killed and many more wounded by Hamas at the Supernova Sukkot Gathering. At least 40 hostages were also taken.

''364 civilians were killed !!!!' ..... and Israel has a murderous criminal regime???

''I think if they attack again we should offer them cakes and biscuits before hand ??? ( then they may think ''what nice people live here ??'' )

Then BT would add ''what nice people the Israelis are!!!'' for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    BT Must be behind times, he writes '' and the murderous Israeli criminal regime.''

Maybe he thinks the ''others'' are innocent little children? Todays news reads ..... https://www.ynetnews.com/category/3083

''US secretary of state to tour Kibbutz Be'eri, which lost over 100 members in Oct. 7 massacre, and Kerem Shalom crossing joined by Defense Minister Yoav Gallant and Foreign Minister Israel Katz.

'' they say news travels fast ? But in some parts of Lancashire, ( i e Bolton ) it seems it does not get there at all ??

i e: ''On 7 October 2023, the Palestinian Islamist militant group Hamas initiated a surprise attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip. As part of the attack, 364 civilians were killed and many more wounded by Hamas at the Supernova Sukkot Gathering. At least 40 hostages were also taken.

''364 civilians were killed !!!!' ..... and Israel has a murderous criminal regime???

''I think if they attack again we should offer them cakes and biscuits before hand ??? ( then they may think ''what nice people live here ??'' )

Then BT would add ''what nice people the Israelis are!!!'' for sure !
    An example why people might stop visiting/posting on a FOOTBALL forum

Nothing else to say ''Positive Pete??

I think you would like only 'football matters?? I am some '4000. km' away, or some 2000 miles away. So what would I know what really is happening at 'Turf Moor'?? So avoid visiting this web site ?? ( By the way I thought a real fan of 'little old Burnley, wild horses could not drag him away from here?? Take a trip to Blackpool, try riding a few donkeys, take in that good wholesome fresh air, re-charge yourself ,you will feel a lot better, then come back! By the way if that post above is going to keep you away?? Could it be your not really a 'Burnley fan'?

''might stop visiting/posting?'' might??? Not really sure are you??

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Nothing else to say ''Positive Pete??

I think you would like only 'football matters?? I am some '4000. km' away, or some 2000 miles away. So what would I know what really is happening at 'Turf Moor'?? So avoid visiting this web site ?? ( By the way I thought a real fan of 'little old Burnley, wild horses could not drag him away from here?? Take a trip to Blackpool, try riding a few donkeys, take in that good wholesome fresh air, re-charge yourself ,you will feel a lot better, then come back! By the way if that post above is going to keep you away?? Could it be your not really a 'Burnley fan'?

''might stop visiting/posting?'' might??? Not really sure are you??
    Next time, before you start ranting, read the post you're replying to. I never said it would keep me away,I said it might keep "people" away, so there was really no reason for the personal insults.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)