+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Errors cost us in the end.

Errors cost us in the end.

Oh well.... what a ****ter. I honestly thought we would stay up and win these last two games.

However, ultimately if we take away just a couple of totally avoidable clangers, Forest would need to beat us next week to stay up.

It is frustrating to think we are being relegated as a better side than those who are staying up. We played some great football at times this season, and run our socks off.

This time next year, we will be celebrating promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by leftnutsack View Post
    Oh well.... what a ****ter. I honestly thought we would stay up and win these last two games.

However, ultimately if we take away just a couple of totally avoidable clangers, Forest would need to beat us next week to stay up.

It is frustrating to think we are being relegated as a better side than those who are staying up. We played some great football at times this season, and run our socks off.

This time next year, we will be celebrating promotion.
    Maybe.However I would not be too confident about that.Depends who leaves in the summer.If we keep the current squad or add a good striker then I would agree.If we have a fire sale and then we have another round of recruitment like last summer then we could struggle.

Well yes - tbf we did spunk a lot of cash on the wall. I think the team that went up last season would beat us now - but we have enough to come up comfortably next year

If we had stayed up, I think we would’ve done ok next season. I think VK learnt some lessons on how not to do things. Next year… who knows

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    If we had stayed up, I think we would’ve done ok next season. I think VK learnt some lessons on how not to do things. Next year… who knows
    I sort of agree but equally I think that VK is pretty determined to get Burnley playing in a particular way - but if you hold on to the key young forward players and bring in defenders that can play out from the back without giving it away cheaply he may well be on to something. Identical problem that Bolton have although you're well ahead of us ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Identical problem that Bolton have although you're well ahead of us ATM.
    ATM, as you say wander, I can remember Owen Coyle saying Bolton were ten years ahead of Burnley, he may well have been right at the time, but as we both know, things can, and do, change rapidly in football.

I can't understand all the disquiet about VK and his tactics etc.
    Loads of fans moaned about Sean and the style of football we played and last season the fans were waxing lyrical about VK and how he had changed the style and yet this season hav been moaning about anything and everything.
    Goals are what make football worth watching and the most goals in a PL season with Sean was in 2018/19 when the Clarets finished in 15th place and played in games which had 113 goals scored. The average over Sean's 7 years in the PL was 90 goals.
    Owen Coyle's tenure saw 124 goals in the games and this season there have been 116 goals with one game to go.

Fans wanted change, they got it and they have seen more goals scored this season than any of the previous 7 seasons in the PL. Everton have featured in games with only 87 goals scored and have had 13 clean sheets and their fans want rid of the manager. It's a funny old game.

This season has been the worse watch in years, the football has been diabolical.

Dyche ball was far better than the crap performance we have had to endure this season

Bar Berge non of the players have been good enough and wouldn't get in any of our Dyche sides

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I can't understand all the disquiet about VK and his tactics etc.
    Loads of fans moaned about Sean and the style of football we played and last season the fans were waxing lyrical about VK and how he had changed the style and yet this season hav been moaning about anything and everything.
    Goals are what make football worth watching and the most goals in a PL season with Sean was in 2018/19 when the Clarets finished in 15th place and played in games which had 113 goals scored. The average over Sean's 7 years in the PL was 90 goals.
    Owen Coyle's tenure saw 124 goals in the games and this season there have been 116 goals with one game to go.

Fans wanted change, they got it and they have seen more goals scored this season than any of the previous 7 seasons in the PL. Everton have featured in games with only 87 goals scored and have had 13 clean sheets and their fans want rid of the manager. It's a funny old game.

The majority of fans want to watch a winning team. I certainly don't want to watch my team get beat 4-3 every week. I would rather watch us scrap out a 1-0 win.
    I get more pleasure watching us keep a clean sheet in the Premier league than us scoring a 3-3 draw, at least then you know you are at it defensively

Quote Originally Posted by leftnutsack View Post
    Well yes - tbf we did spunk a lot of cash on the wall. I think the team that went up last season would beat us now - but we have enough to come up comfortably next year
    The likes of Berge won't be at the club come August and anyone else we can get a reasonable fee for, will be off. That is the reality of premier league relegation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)