+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarets Mad - Clarets v Blades, English Premier League Match Preview.

Clarets Mad - Clarets v Blades, English Premier League Match Preview.

Clarets Mad - Clarets v Blades, English Premier League Match Preview.
    Venue: Bramall Lane Stadium, Bramhall Lane, Sheffield S2 4SU.
    Kick-off – 15.00 – 20th April 2024.

Last season’s promotion euphoria in both Burnley and Sheffield following automatic promotion to the English Premier League is now replaced by the bottom two teams fighting for the prize of the EPL’s “Wooden Spoon.” How times constantly change in the yo-yo rhythms of the English Football Leagues.

League tables do not lie and if the paltry combined total of 36 points for both Burnley and Sheffield United were added together they would still only be just about safe from relegation. The Clarets have 20 points, the Blades have 16, the Championship beckons and in the immortal words of the war time “Forces Sweetheart” Dame Vera Lynn, “We’ll meet again” and soon.

For Saturday’s encounter the only topic worth mentioning is whether or not Chris Wilder’s team can get revenge for the 5-0 hammering the Blades received at Turf Moor earlier in the season. And can Vincent Kompany’s Clarets put a bit of daylight between his team and the dread of being the EPL’s wooden spoon holders.

One’s to watch: Such is the paucity of goalscoring talent on display between both teams on this season’s evidence, I will go with the obvious, Fofana for Burnley and McBurnie for the Blades.

Verdict: Because Burnley have improved of late, 3 draws, 1 loss and 1 win in their last 5 games I will go for a narrow 2-1 away win.
    Footnote: I for one will be glad to see the back of the awful, myopic and biased match officiating in the English Premier League and the woefully inept VAR, the officials for Saturday are Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Rebecca Welch. VAR: Andy Madley. Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard.

Of particular interest for me will be to see what sort of reception Sander Berge gets from his old home crowd. I hope it’s a fair one.

Whatever the outcome of Saturday’s match, if you are attending - enjoy the game. (TEC).

Name:  berge5.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  86.5 KB

Got a ticket and hopefully will attend.

Going for a draw 2-2.

Lets hope the duck eggs up top get their acts together

To Muric or not to Muric, that is the question, for this game at least. But for those whose question earlier was why the feck is he playing Trafford, they now have their answer.

The really sad thing is he lost us four points which might be very decisive. He also meant a certain someone scabbed 4 points with a 1-1 draw.

Keepers making mistakes will always be a problem becaue goals can be scored, however, it isn't just our keepers who make mistakes.
    As sinkov said earlier this week, Pickford was guilty of a very poor piece of play which led to a goal and, last night, Ederson parried a shot right into the feet of Rodrygo who scored for Real Madrid and this eventually led to City's demise He only came back into the team on Saturday against Luton and did not have much to do in that game. He should have done much better with that save las night.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Keepers making mistakes will always be a problem becaue goals can be scored, however, it isn't just our keepers who make mistakes.
    As sinkov said earlier this week, Pickford was guilty of a very poor piece of play which led to a goal and, last night, Ederson parried a shot right into the feet of Rodrygo who scored for Real Madrid and this eventually led to City's demise He only came back into the team on Saturday against Luton and did not have much to do in that game. He should have done much better with that save las night.
    Totally agree with your sentiments mein freund, but two howlers on the bounce is a bit hard to take.

Name:  dd88b089dd3e-header5272270.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  89.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The really sad thing is he lost us four points which might be very decisive. He also meant a certain someone scabbed 4 points with a 1-1 draw.
    I shouldn't have to point this out mon ami, but it seems that I must. If Aro had not cocked up, that certain someone would have got one point instead............and would still have been top of the League.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I shouldn't have to point this out mon ami, but it seems that I must. If Aro had not cocked up, that certain someone would have got one point instead............and would still have been top of the League.
    You are my hero and no mistake mon ami. Have they sorted that bloody hernia out yet?

Not yet, going for the pre-op in a couple of weeks. This one is going to be more difficult than the last, which was tricky enough, so how long this one will last for is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not yet, going for the pre-op in a couple of weeks. This one is going to be more difficult than the last, which was tricky enough, so how long this one will last for is anyone's guess.
    Best of luck mon ami, but this time stop trying to see if it still works before it's properly healed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)