+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Magpies strutting on our lawn -Again.

Magpies strutting on our lawn -Again.

Winding the clock back two years to the final league games of the 2021/22 season the Clarets faced Newcastle at Turf Moor needing only to match the result of Leeds United (who were away at Brentford) in order to retain their Premier League status. In the event a Callum Wilson brace ultimately doomed Burnley to a 1-2 home defeat. Meanwhile an utterly hapless Brentford reduced themselves to NINE men before finally capitulating to Leeds. Back to the present and the Magpies again stand in the way of Burnley’s attempt to stay in the Premier League. Two of ourselves, Luton and Nottingham Forest will be joining the Blades back in the Championship. Realistically only victory over Newcastle will keep us in the hunt. The Toon still hopeful of qualifying for European football will be slight favourites. They have plenty of attacking threat with Anthony Gordon, Alexander Isak and Harvey Barnes all set to feature at Turf Moor. I just hope we bring the spirit we showed in a fighting performance at Old Trafford to the Geordie table.

For whatever reason the Magpies don't travel well, they have lost as many away from home as we have, ten, they have the same number of away points as we have, 14, and they actually conceded more goals away than we have, 34 to 33. They are nothing to be frit of away from Geordieland, they've already lost at Brighton, Bournemouth, Everton, Luton and Palace, we can take this lot.

The magpies usually strut on our lawn too but I haven't seen them today, perhaps it's an omen (though I did see a few barcodes down the supermarket).

You lot are all lucky because the Magpies have been all over my front lawn.
    The council Magpies were out in force this morning, as was the Rington's Magpie selling tea, the Postman Magpie had a laught about tomorrow, the Neighbour Magpie thinks that the barcodes will win tomorrow. They are all over the place round here.

Northumbria has a lot of plusses so putting up with a few black and red barcodes is worth it, they're like us really, just don't talk proper.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Northumbria has a lot of plusses so putting up with a few black and red barcodes is worth it, they're like us really, just don't talk proper.
    I do find them quite tame and they seem happy to just get on with life, particularly if there is any alcohol in the vicinity.

2 geordies in the jungle
    1st geordie "Are those war drums?"
    2nd geordie "No, i think they're theirs."

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)