+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seasons to be beerfull part 4

Seasons to be beerfull part 4

McLaren with his brolly, the Holdings folly
    KC being jolly and lipstick
    Derek scores at Liverpool, Patti is an utter fool
    Press conferences with a brick, jinking Adams does a trick

Simon Hackney with his pace, Balderstone with all his grace
    Story with his business nous, Laffy shooting lots of grouse
    Seeing John Gorman, watching Charlie score man
    Goalkeeping of Alan Ross, Steven Pressley being boss

Ah nostalgia. I remember Chris Balderstone in the Carlisle team winning at Stamford Bridge to go top of div 1 like it was yesterday, on match of the day. There was a home game where you got a long shot of the fells and sheep.

The beer is mentioned as a pain killer compared to the difficult circumstances you are suffering now. There is no need to feel pain. Everything comes and goes, life is a rollercoaster, clouds scud across the sun, temporarily. Attaining achievement by proxy, through a football club, is a temporary way to feel better, and reminds you of your inherent worthlessness and impotence in the face of an overwhelming world.

Thinking you are better than the next club or person is pointless, because you win the league is a bit sad, if only because you have to do it again three months later, and it really does not matter. What does count is the footprint you leave behind.

You are older, time is running out....time goes like quick silver, judgement day is coming...…..will you go up a league, or go down, ….you decide.

Duke Felix Lysander unimatrix zero...……...Communicating with you from the next life, the devil is toasting my feet in flame.....I am in agony...…...

I thought that dropping out of the league would knock all of the interest of football out of me but I've quite enjoyed this season so far,the standard of football is far higher than I expected and managed to get to a couple of away grounds that I didn't even know existed that welcomed us with open arms so even if you do drop (which I doubt) it's ups outweigh the downs

Edit

Wrong Fred

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)