+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit baffled!

A bit baffled!

How come all we hear is how young our squad is yet when we roll over and have our balls ticked only 4 days after the good display at West Brom it’s down potentially fatigue? ( I’m abroad and this was on Ifollow). Now correct me if I’m wrong 1. These people are professional athletes- I know people who do non sport jobs for a living and run far more miles than these will in a week and will compete in 36+ mile races each week and 2. What they clearly lack in ability at present they should make up for in endeavour. Here’s a suggestion we’re just not good enough!

We are crap in the final third and have no composure in this area, I saw collins laughing at something a fan said after a Huddersfield player tried to lob him (could you imagine such as schmeical being so jovial in this scenario?) and finally 2 minutes afterThomas came on he ducked a challenge. It might sound petty but it’s little things like that that can sum up an entire mindset , yes we might not spend the same money as other clubs but we need to start being a set of nasty *******$. It’s as if because this young squad thing has been well documented that some players might have given themselves a ready made excuse rather than rolling their sleeves up.

Huddersfield for the million’s theyve spent deservedly won but will lose more than they win and have a management team well out of their depth

Mcgheehan needs dropping as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    How come all we hear is how young our squad is yet when we roll over and have our balls ticked only 4 days after the good display at West Brom it’s down potentially fatigue? ( I’m abroad and this was on Ifollow). Now correct me if I’m wrong 1. These people are professional athletes- I know people who do non sport jobs for a living and run far more miles than these will in a week and will compete in 36+ mile races each week and 2. What they clearly lack in ability at present they should make up for in endeavour. Here’s a suggestion we’re just not good enough!

We are crap in the final third and have no composure in this area, I saw collins laughing at something a fan said after a Huddersfield player tried to lob him (could you imagine such as schmeical being so jovial in this scenario?) and finally 2 minutes afterThomas came on he ducked a challenge. It might sound petty but it’s little things like that that can sum up an entire mindset , yes we might not spend the same money as other clubs but we need to start being a set of nasty *******$. It’s as if because this young squad thing has been well documented that some players might have given themselves a ready made excuse rather than rolling their sleeves up.

Huddersfield for the million’s theyve spent deservedly won but will lose more than they win and have a management team well out of their depth

Mcgheehan needs dropping as well!!
    The influence of sports science is the biggest factor renno in players and their physical condition .

In times gone by players played who were probably jaded and we fans just put it down to having a poor game because we didn't know any better .

The pace of the game is far greater than it once was and the standard in the PL and The Championship has risen considerably .

You just can't have jaded players today and expect them to perform .

Av not been today Renno arta choice cos it wo p1ss easy fo me to get theear today so i will not comment on the performance cos a wont theear.

Av not been cos the fixture was Huddersfield-v- Barnsley U23's and am waiting fo Spud to find it easy to explain why Stendel separated.

Early days yet lads. Keep yer chins up

normal service is resumed, why cant we pass a ball, why cant we get passed a defender, and why cant we score from 6 yard this is the third/fourth time in three games that cam has missed/not scored when it was so easy to score that most on this board would have

Ev we ed a pen this seerson ? Dunt kno if we wa close tu wun today , a warnt theer , Prestons ed 6 Millwall , Charlton and few moor ev ad 4 or 5 , wen wa last time we got wun ? Dunt wi gerrin box ? Not learned arta cheeut ? Sum ov arr players even apologise to opponents , and then help pick them up , Bizarre , a dunt like any cheertin , we ev to be "streetwise" fo want ov a betta word,
    It's goowin to bi a long hard seerson , am enjoying not goowin nar , its totally pointless ,
    fo them that go, av no problem , hope things turn rarnd for us all ,
    It feels like a big opportunity missed this season , and it's all down to greed , lack of ambition , and takin fans for granted , show some respect to fans and our previous HC ,

I think we had one pen and it was saved. I might be wrong because to save my sanity my brain is wiping most of this season as soon as the final whistle goes.

I don’t care who they put in but McGeehan has got to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I don’t care who they put in but McGeehan has got to be replaced.
    I don't like to single in out individual players , it takes the heat away from the true cause of our problems this season .

For me McGeehan was immense last season and contributed massively to our promotion .

Cameron is as good as we have unfortunately and can't be replaced with better quality as things stand right now .

Most successful transfer window in our history .

The rosters fine .

!!!!!

I’m thinking more about how his present form is going to effect him, he must know he’s not performing and I think he needs resting for his own good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast