+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Inverness CT - Tuesday 29th October

Queens v Inverness CT - Tuesday 29th October

Some great planning yet again from the SPFL getting Inverness to travel all the way down to Dumfries on a Tuesday night. How on Earth can they think that’s acceptable. They quite obviously couldn’t care less about your ordinary supporters.

They should have in place a maximum amount of mileage a team can travel for a midweek fixture. It’s not that to organise surely !!

I gather three of the Shrewsbury branch are travelling up for this one. It's obviously no problem for them😁

Totally agree Aloreburn, I contacted the Scottish League asking them to keep QOS and Annan home matches apart, - but I was told that there are a lot of requests. I politely informed them that 30 years ago, I might have had some sympathy for that response, - but today's computers could cope with not only the Scottish league but the amateur league as well and for that matter the entire world's fixtures with any number of issues.

I suspect my response was not welcomed.

Having said that, 30 years ago, computers were capable of beating most humans at chess, - so I'm sure it could have been done then too. It's pure laziness not to input all the requests and have the computer do it all for you.

Absolutely ridiculous decision by the SPFL - oh for the days of one home, one away fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    I gather three of the Shrewsbury branch are travelling up for this one. It's obviously no problem for them😁
    You not getting confused with the away fixture in January ?

I have seen midweek fixtures in the past like Elgin v Berwick etc....

Nope. Three will be in attendance at Palmerston on Tuesday. Staying overnight.

I notice on Tuesdays fixtures that Dundee United are at home to Partick Thistle, a but of common sense could have put Queens at home to Partick, not a great distance, and Dundee United at home to Inverness, probably Invernesses shortest distance to travel for a Championship game. I realise that fixtures are computer generated but surely a bit of human intervention and common sense could be used in instances like this. The only slight downside is that teams may find they play each other again with a couple of weeks but I don't think that is really a great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    I notice on Tuesdays fixtures that Dundee United are at home to Partick Thistle, a but of common sense could have put Queens at home to Partick, not a great distance, and Dundee United at home to Inverness, probably Invernesses shortest distance to travel for a Championship game. I realise that fixtures are computer generated but surely a bit of human intervention and common sense could be used in instances like this. The only slight downside is that teams may find they play each other again with a couple of weeks but I don't think that is really a great issue.
    Got to be better than the current state of play.

Auld Chippy you are spot on! - computers are only as good as the information that is given them and all that is required would be to factor in distances and potential weather conditions,- albeit along with a plethora of other factors. It's all fair and well to bleat it was computer error, - but if the computer is not given all the factors, - then we shouldn't be surprised if it spits out Inverness travelling to Dumfries on a Tuesday night!

As you quite rightly point out, with the minimum of human intervention, Queens could have been at home to Partick, and Dundee Utd at home to Inverness.

I suspect that the SFA will stubbornly continue with its present stance, - wondering why on earth attendances are continuing to drop, and considering what external factors are to blame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)