+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10-0 at half time, Come On England Part 2

10-0 at half time, Come On England Part 2

Now that the dust has settled, how are all you England Rugby fans feeling now since eleven o’clock on Saturday morning? All last week the hype that was drifting across the Welsh /English border was getting so bad , that all England had to do was turn up. How wrong they were. Those of you who read my post last week will have taken notice that South Africa were not there just to make up the numbers. We were even informed that the Lord Mayor Of London had been in talks with the English Rugby Union about a Victory Parade later this week.!!!! Hilarious. It’s no disgrace to get beaten by a better team with a better coach . At the end of the day English Rugby finished as the second best team in the world. The players should also have worn their medals with pride and dignity instead of acting like immature children. I only hope that more people get off their armchairs and go to see these same players at club level, albeit in a different colour shirt. After their great efforts in the Land Of The Rising Sun, it’s the least they deserve.

I thought the England players were stoical in defeat. The Welsh do not do stoicism, so they can't understand the meaning of the word.

I thought the English players were static during the whole of the game..

True Story.

....We had a nice walk,waterproofs did their job.....and most interesting when we stopped for a coffee, and elfderly lady came up to us to say hello - to the dogs.....then she started talking about the Rugby, how in the early morning she'd seen loads of folk walking up the road in front of her house, she thought they must've been going to a local Pub watch the game....and that she didnt know what the fuss was all about.....well I said "I guess it's because England are playing ?".....she continued "oh I know that, but its obvious who the winner would be, so why bother"....."who's that" I said....well, she went on, "it wont be England, cos it's all about whats fashionable....restoring the balance, whatever that is"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought the England players were stoical in defeat. The Welsh do not do stoicism, so they can't understand the meaning of the word.
    The Welsh never lose a rugby match either BT, the other team might score more points, but the Welsh will have won.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The Welsh never lose a rugby match either BT, the other team might score more points, but the Welsh will have won.
    When is the Welsh team doing an open top bus tour of Wales to celebrate their loss?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)