+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aye, he said he wants “2 or 3”.
    Laughably he said “we can be clever with our work”... well that would make a change.

With Vyner & Leigh out long term, expect more boring defensive versatile signing(s).

What we need is a good winger & a creative midfielder.
    We could always sign another striker that cant score and play him wide.

You can never have enough of them.

No posts on this thread for almost a week says it all sadly.

We presumably fly out to Dubai on Monday, would have thought it would have made sense to have any January signings on the flight to get them involved with the squad before the three matches in a week when we get back from Dubai but what do I know.

McInnes trying to sign a squad player before Tuesday according to the EE

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    McInnes trying to sign a squad player before Tuesday according to the EE
    A lower English league, defensive utility player.
    Get the bunting out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A lower English league, defensive utility player.
    Get the bunting out.
    He will have the ability to be equally as bad in midfield as he is in defence so some will be happy with the cover he adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    He will have the ability to be equally as bad in midfield as he is in defence so some will be happy with the cover he adds.
    Ooooh a squad player. Very nice. Of the Gleeson variety perhaps. Maybe another Greg Halford type.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Ooooh a squad player. Very nice. Of the Gleeson variety perhaps. Maybe another Greg Halford type.
    If we're going to sign some crap squad player in a similar mould to Gleeson, we'd surely be better just keeping Gleeson for another few months as presumably we're going to have to pay him off to get rid of him.

I wonder if said player will break Halford's record for the least minutes ever played by an Aberdeen player... the guy had about 10 minutes on the pitch from what I can recall. Yet another ridiculous, pointless signing.

I've a feeling we might try getting that American guy Rangers are trying to offload. No idea whether he's any good - he's a midfielder, although not sure if he's attacking or defensive.

It’s actually players for the starting X1 we need, not bench filling, utility Vyner types.

I've a feeling we might try getting that American guy Rangers are trying to offload. No idea whether he's any good - he's a midfielder, although not sure if he's attacking or defensive.[/QUOTE]

Should be taking a serious look at Greg Docherty

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    I've a feeling we might try getting that American guy Rangers are trying to offload. No idea whether he's any good - he's a midfielder, although not sure if he's attacking or defensive.
    Should be taking a serious look at Greg Docherty[/QUOTE]

Tony Polster?
    Think he’s defensive mid.

As for Docherty, I think he’s a decent player, but not the type of attacking midfielder we are looking for?
    I’d compare him more to a Lewis Ferguson type.
    He’s good enough, just not what we need IMO.
    There will be clubs in England keen as he did well there, albeit only at Shrewsbury.

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast