+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mowbray Out

We have 21 points after 17 games, last season we had 26 points.
    In our last 46 league games we have gained 55 points.
    As I said, I just want to see a gradual improvement not a decline of any degree.

This season only 4 teams have conceded more goals than us.

We where absolutely dreadful today. And I felt embarrassed we won a game we simply didn't deserve to. They where looking like the side to win It at the end, not us. We got gifted the first and the 2nd Dack should've burried the 1st header. We got lucky with the rebound, I felt sorry for their keeper.
    Can't argue with 3 goals, but 2 where so scruffy. We created nothing. He hasn't a clue where to play a class player like Holbty. But it most certainly in midfield next to a young Travis. You don't tell them to hit high balls to 2 midgets up front. You don't play the big lad on the wing, who isn't a winger. Same thing every week.
    2 wins out of 3 and unfortunately that win today will hide a big issue we have. We may even end up not losing to Brentford on Wed. I won't be going.
    The simple fact we actually looked alright when Graham came on shows we aren't going anywhere. As unfortunately he's past it now to be effective every week. And the manager needs to find another way of playing attack wise. This isn't working, despite today's scruffy win. Like it was vrs Sheff Wed. We aren't improving. But while hes getting the results, he won't be leaving.
    As a team, we aren't improving, and I feel we need to move on.

Just answer my question........

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    It's not your money so why do you care? Name a better man for the job.
    Hughton.

Champs - the fact is, Holtby and Travis both had poor games. The thing is, you can take this "playing them in the wrong positions" thing only so far. When a player has the ball at his feet in midfield, why on earth does it matter what his starting-position was? Same with Gallagher. He missed a decent chance, regardless of where he started.
    Both Holtby and Travis passed badly and Travis actually looked off the pace.
    Downing definitely seemed more assured and accurate than either.
    I would say a defeat on Wednesday would be the end for Mowbray, but a new manager involves total guesswork.
    When I looked at the table, I was surprised to see that 17 teams have scored the same or fewer goals than us, despite the fact we have appeared toothless at times, so I suppose the tactic of playing three in front of the midfield has worked to some extent. All the same, I would much rather see us going with a 4-4-2, even if TM sees it as old-fashioned. If Bennett plays in front of Nyambe, I think we will have greater security down that flank. We really do miss Cunningham, though.
    Brentford are a different kettle of fish from Barnsley. They've actually scored fewer than us, but have a much more secure defence. I think we might have to take a conservative approach, and hope to catch them on the break. Very difficult to choose the right line-up because we don't want to go too negative, but this is the kind of opposition against which Armstrong has usually offered very little, and where Dack has tended to drop deeper and deeper.
    Rothwell had a decent game, but I'm still not sure of his most effective role.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Hughton.
    Hughton is a good choice, but let's not put a blindfold on. He was sacked by both Norwich and Brighton.

Hughton would be a great option.
    2 problems,would he come to us?and he is due a awful period(it comes to all manager's)why take the risk at the moment?
    Mowbray is having a woeful time but keep the faith.
    Were we to lose to brentford then maybe pull the cord but at this moment dont panic.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Hughton would be a great option.
    2 problems,would he come to us?and he is due a awful period(it comes to all manager's)why take the risk at the moment?
    Mowbray is having a woeful time but keep the faith.
    Were we to lose to brentford then maybe pull the cord but at this moment dont panic.
    He wouldn't be my choice. But the question was being asked. Who did I think out there would do a better job. Hughton.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - the fact is, Holtby and Travis both had poor games. The thing is, you can take this "playing them in the wrong positions" thing only so far. When a player has the ball at his feet in midfield, why on earth does it matter what his starting-position was? Same with Gallagher. He missed a decent chance, regardless of where he started.
    Both Holtby and Travis passed badly and Travis actually looked off the pace.
    Downing definitely seemed more assured and accurate than either.
    I would say a defeat on Wednesday would be the end for Mowbray, but a new manager involves total guesswork.
    When I looked at the table, I was surprised to see that 17 teams have scored the same or fewer goals than us, despite the fact we have appeared toothless at times, so I suppose the tactic of playing three in front of the midfield has worked to some extent. All the same, I would much rather see us going with a 4-4-2, even if TM sees it as old-fashioned. If Bennett plays in front of Nyambe, I think we will have greater security down that flank. We really do miss Cunningham, though.
    Brentford are a different kettle of fish from Barnsley. They've actually scored fewer than us, but have a much more secure defence. I think we might have to take a conservative approach, and hope to catch them on the break. Very difficult to choose the right line-up because we don't want to go too negative, but this is the kind of opposition against which Armstrong has usually offered very little, and where Dack has tended to drop deeper and deeper.
    Rothwell had a decent game, but I'm still not sure of his most effective role.
    Didn't you think Holtby had an impact in his first game he started vrs Hudd's. Stood up from on the right. I did.

Where your starting position is in football is the one main importance. It's 100% crucial. It determines what impact you will have on a game. Why's Dack not having the impact this season? His starting position is 20 need a too deep.
    Not sure I agree all that Gallagher did yesterday was miss one chance and that's if. Like I completely disagree that Downing came on and sprayed the ball about with assurance. He scored, did nothing else.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)