+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The FA Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Harrogate are the only team above us, but we won up at their place in August. Barnet are probably the team I wouldn't want because they beat us at home early season and would go above us in the table if they won their games in hand. They also beat Barrow 3-0 yesterday. A home draw against either of the level 8 teams (Aveley and Halesowen) would be ideal.
    I would have thought lower league teams are more likely to attempt to rough us up and potentially cause more injuries/suspensions.

If we got Barnet in the semis, we'd be playing them three Saturdays in a row. Harrogate home would be one of the two fixtures PPd, so ideally we'd get them in the SF as they'd have the same dilemma to face as us and are also in the play-off mix. Stockport away is the other fixture that will be cancelled if we progress.

I would imagine that the gates for a semi final would be better than most of our league gates, so financially there is an incentive. I have no idea of what the financial benefits of reaching the final would be, but can only be a positive, especially with our parachute payments from the League being cut if we don’t succeed in getting promotion. I think Notts have balanced it well where we haven’t been at full strength, but strong enough to win the games so far.
    I think financially Notts are not pinning all hopes on promotion, which given the **** or bust management of previous regimes is refreshing.
    Imagine if we win the Trophy and get promotion. Now that would be something.

I agree I don't believe the owners expected or budgeted in promotion this season , rightly so, and historically football clubs done budget for cup competitions so the FA Trophy income however modest is still a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I have no idea of what the financial benefits of reaching the final would be, .
    60k to the winners, 30k to the losers. Presumably the FA keeps all of the gate money from which the prize money given out for progressing through all of the previous rounds is at least partly funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I would imagine that the gates for a semi final would be better than most of our league gates, so financially there is an incentive. I have no idea of what the financial benefits of reaching the final would be, but can only be a positive, especially with our parachute payments from the League being cut if we don’t succeed in getting promotion.
    The rewards are fairly modest compared to what we have been used to, but for many clubs at levels 4-8 they will be worthwhile.
    Here's how the money is distributed by the FA:

First round: Winners receive £4,500, losers receive £1,500
    Second round: Winners receive £5,250, losers receive £1,750
    Third round: Winners receive £6,000, losers receive £2,000
    Fourth round: Winners receive £7,500, losers receive £2,500
    Semi-Final: Winners receive £15,000, losers receive £5,000
    Final runners-up: £30,000
    Final winners: £60,000

So in terms of prize money we have earned £15,750 so far, and the least we can earn now is £18,250. I we go all the way, the prize money would amount to £98,250. That doesn't take into account any money earned at the gate when we play. I know it's peanuts by top level standards, but seeing as we have got this far I think it's worth taking seriously.

60k or 30k is better than nothing. Plus there would be TV revenue and the inevitable increase in club shop merchandise sales.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    60k to the winners, 30k to the losers. Presumably the FA keeps all of the gate money from which the prize money given out for progressing through all of the previous rounds is at least partly funded.
    Ah I didn't think of that. I presumed gate reciepts from the final were split between the teams but you may well be right. I can't find any info for the non league finals day but does anyone know how it works with other cup finals?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ah I didn't think of that. I presumed gate reciepts from the final were split between the teams but you may well be right. I can't find any info for the non league finals day but does anyone know how it works with other cup finals?
    I'm pretty certain the FL Play off final gate money was split between all clubs in all divisions when we got to the finals in the 90s. Clubs tend to vote for a small piece of the cake rather than take a chance on a larger slice dependent on them being involved.

In the Champions League they voted for all of the last 16 to get an equal share of the TV money for the entire knock-out stage. So if you get knocked out in the last 16 you still get the same slice as the teams that go all the way.

Despite any financial rewards, I’m still not convinced this Trophy run is worth the potential disruption to the league campaign. Just seems a bit tinpot to me, but we’ll see.

Can't figure out how to link to it but have found the FA Trophy rules on a PDF document and in point 22 (b)(ii) it says that in the final we get 45% of ticket receipts. This is pretty good as in the FA Cup final it looks like the FA keep pretty much all the money from the gate receipts!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast