+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funsters tickets on sale for Derby

There is a lot of disengagement amongst their fans. I was out with two Dees on Tuesday who are long standing season ticket holders, and apart from them being afflicted, they are good mates of mine. They have both now had enough and have chucked the towel in.
    They are pretty much where we were around 3 years ago.....a huge disconnect with those running the clownshow and what remains of their support. They see a mid table finish, and the thought of visiting Tannadice fills them with more dread than if Angus Cook and Giovanni DiStefano ran naked hand in hand from the Auld Hun Stand to 'the Dairy'.

Agree with you there Deebuster, what I hear from Dee mates puts me very much in mind of our own experiences in the last few years. There's alot of deegruntled fans out there and the malaise surrounding their club is a hard one shake. Christ, it's taken us 4 years, 5 managers, new owners, about 4 new teams and alot of pain on the way to turn the corner.

But in 2000 against one of the worst ever Utd sides in our worst ever calendar year while they were splashing the cash on bonettis galacticos, didn't 5000 of them want to attend? They fairly crawled out the woodwork back then for 2-3 years then disappeared after admin 1 and began to boycott derbies and failed to take 20k to they first Scottish Cup final in 40 years in 2003, strange bunch really

Saying that I do expect a tougher test in thisderby, we still need to focus and be as up for it as the previous two, they definitely don't have as good as squad as was made out, average in fact but they are still no mugs and will have a lot of motivation to get it up us and shut us up, good thing is there is not really much pressure on us, we've dominated two already and have the big lead at the top

However big game Saturday first

What makes it funnier and makes the seethe run deeper is that the ‘Doon Derby’ was meant to be the herald to the Funsters ascension to be the ‘Big Team’ in the City again for the first time in nigh on 50 years. Well they’ve phucked that one up good and proper - nae wonder they’re bylin’.

But on a personal note, I’d just like to say thanks to the one man who has helped us back to where we should be in the City -
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Agreed , Mac90 , one of the best managers at the Dundee Fun Club.

Well done Jim for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    they will all be up for it efter Granny has sung the Sash at Christmas.
    that is very true. lets give them 7

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    that is very true. lets give them 7
    Strong hooch in Angus tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Strong hooch in Angus tonight!!!
    Well you did get six last time, or has the hooch eaten your brain? Seven is not impossible to foresee

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    There is a lot of disengagement amongst their fans. I was out with two Dees on Tuesday who are long standing season ticket holders, and apart from them being afflicted, they are good mates of mine. They have both now had enough and have chucked the towel in.
    They are pretty much where we were around 3 years ago.....a huge disconnect with those running the clownshow and what remains of their support. They see a mid table finish, and the thought of visiting Tannadice fills them with more dread than if Angus Cook and Giovanni DiStefano ran naked hand in hand from the Auld Hun Stand to 'the Dairy'.
    Great to see you posting on here again mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)