+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Bruce

Steve Bruce

I have read quite a few articles lately suggesting that he has started to win the fans over.

I didnt think he had to win the fans over in the first place, as far as i was aware,

none of the Newcastle fans had a problem with Steve Bruce as a man, he wasnt of the required calibre that we had

been accustomed to, he was an ex scum manager and the lack of support was purely down to Ashley and co.

However, he has definately surpassed all expectations many of us had under his stewardship and is actually getting

points on the table even though the entertainment value is garbage.

Personally, im sick and tired of the comparisons to Rafa and listening to Rafa's opinion on the club.

Things have happened and the club moves on.

When you take away all of the emotion, we are simply a good goalscorer away from being a very good team

I agree with some of that...

Just having a good goalscorer is not going to make us a good team..

The league is strange this year..we could still get relegated, or be close to. .

It's too simple saying "the club moves on". It's all about in which direction the club is moving. Currently, we are headed towards painful mediocrity sprinkled with massive apathy.

The club moves on only with time.The club moving forward as a football club,well that hasnt happened for 12 years so far.

Steve Bruce is not the Calibre that we had become accustomed to what like John Carver , Steve Mcclaren , Glenn Roeder or even the mighty Jo Kinnear

Up to a mighty 42% possession v Palace at home .
    Another 3 points to no further investment .

Any finish above relegation is a result for ashley , coupled with 10000 non payers filling the stadium .. Happy days forever .

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Steve Bruce is not the Calibre that we had become accustomed to what like John Carver , Steve Mcclaren , Glenn Roeder or even the mighty Jo Kinnear
    Just because he's a better apointment than some really bad managers, does not make him good!

My mate is a better footballer than me...doesn't make hi Messi..

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    I have read quite a few articles lately suggesting that he has started to win the fans over.

I didnt think he had to win the fans over in the first place, as far as i was aware,

none of the Newcastle fans had a problem with Steve Bruce as a man, he wasnt of the required calibre that we had

been accustomed to, he was an ex scum manager and the lack of support was purely down to Ashley and co.

However, he has definately surpassed all expectations many of us had under his stewardship and is actually getting

points on the table even though the entertainment value is garbage.

Personally, im sick and tired of the comparisons to Rafa and listening to Rafa's opinion on the club.

Things have happened and the club moves on.

When you take away all of the emotion, we are simply a good goalscorer away from being a very good team
    Agree with that apart from the last line. That would only be true if we were creating a lot and wasting chances. We are not creating. This could be rectified by having a better coach, even with the players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Agree with that apart from the last line. That would only be true if we were creating a lot and wasting chances. We are not creating. This could be rectified by having a better coach, even with the players we have.
    Yeah..this really...

We are pretty solid at the back but we don't create chances...but then again..we don't have a proper striker to put them away..

Bruce is not doing as **** as i expected - fair play.

He was however backed heavily where Rafa was not. I don't want to harp on about Rafa but if he was backed with £70 million in one window on players he wanted I wonder where we'd be.

However, can't take away from Bruce we're going into Christmas in the top half on 25 points.

Fair play.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)