+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: S****horpe United

S****horpe United

Any changes for today do we think? Fingers crossed Eddie is fit enough to play, we definitely missed him at Salford. Dave’s substitutions lifted our efforts in the second half but would you swap Kirk for Ainley to start? Ng for centre half if Eddie isn’t fit? Going for a 2-2 draw which leaves us needing just 4 wins from 23 games to reach safety an unthinkable target in recent seasons!

For me today and Wednesday have to be home bankers. Expect good wins in both games. Checked the home site and no clue there what the team will be.

Well a good win which we needed. Made easy as S****horpe were a poor side. Strange team selection. Not convinced same team would work against better opposition. But why complain 3 points is better than none. Let us hope for another 3 on Wednesday.

FYI Lukcour, I thought either Wintle, Green were contenders for MoM, but Lowery was man of the match for me. . Finney on the bench, and although not much time to influence the game, was ineffectual.
    Possibly not what you wanted to hear.

Wintle MotM for me - playing out of position and hardly put a foot wrong, so calm and composed on the ball with, it seemed, all the time in the world.

Having said that they all turned up and made the match look more comfortable than it might have been. Were they poor or did we make them look bad? Who knows, but their manager said we were the best side they’ve played this season and they couldn’t stop us, so fair play to him. The longer the match went on the better Ainley and Anene played. Don’t get me wrong, Charlie had a good game (and you’ll know I’m not his biggest fan) but wasn’t MotM.

After recent comments about Lowery being 'out of position', I kept a particular eye on him. He definitely played slap bang in the middle. The only times he wasn't there was when he covered a lot of ground to close an attack in front of the left back position and another when he got into a goalscoring position and really should have put it away.
    Wintle was excellent today and unfortunately could be the first player we lose. A top deep midfielder who can seamlessly and effortlessly slot into centre back must be worth something to a higher club.
    It was also great to see the 'old' Green back. A real force and bundle of energy making things happen.
    Powell also seems to be getting his stride. Two good goals taken early and catching out the goalie.
    Charlie had a good game but wasn't my MOTM.
    Ainley also showed up well, playing in his best position just behind the centre forward.

Charlie MOTM, when this was announced I looked at him and he was shaking his head as is to agree with the gasps from the crowd. The award possibly should have gone to Wintle who in my eyes did nothing wrong playing out of position possibly Lowery who covered every blade of grass in midfield. Ainley was also a possible winner for his work effort .Infact it should have gone to all 11 players for a superb performance . Where the opposition poor or were we too good for them . If you were at the game the answer is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Charlie MOTM, when this was announced I looked at him and he was shaking his head as is to agree with the gasps from the crowd. The award possibly should have gone to Wintle who in my eyes did nothing wrong playing out of position possibly Lowery who covered every blade of grass in midfield. Ainley was also a possible winner for his work effort .Infact it should have gone to all 11 players for a superb performance . Where the opposition poor or were we too good for them . If you were at the game the answer is easy.
    I was, and I thought a bit of both. Wintle was excellent but didn't have much to play against. And for me not quite tall enough for CH against better taller forwards.