+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pathetic!!

Perhaps because - as you have said yourself - he has been anonymous in about 70% the games he has played.

I actually don't know the answers. That's my point. I can't figure out why a team with six changes (totally contradicting the "same XI theory") did so well in Bristol, and I have no idea why the starting XI picked against Wigan (an attack-focused selection) performed so abysmally.
    The one thing I do know is that falling back on the stand-alone, standard, cheap and simplistic solution ("It was all the manager's fault") makes absolutely no sense.
    I put out a challenge. When the team-sheet for that Wigan game was revealed, how many of you said, "Mowbray has got this all wrong. That is a poor selection. Wigan are going to totally outplay us."?

Bottom line, supporters MUST know that individual performances, the fluency of the football - even the result of a game - come down to much more than what the man in the dug-out has said. Blaming the manager is just an easy out.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Perhaps because - as you have said yourself - he has been anonymous in about 70% the games he has played.

I actually don't know the answers. That's my point. I can't figure out why a team with six changes (totally contradicting the "same XI theory") did so well in Bristol, and I have no idea why the starting XI picked against Wigan (an attack-focused selection) performed so abysmally.
    The one thing I do know is that falling back on the stand-alone, standard, cheap and simplistic solution ("It was all the manager's fault") makes absolutely no sense.
    I put out a challenge. When the team-sheet for that Wigan game was revealed, how many of you said, "Mowbray has got this all wrong. That is a poor selection. Wigan are going to totally outplay us."?

Bottom line, supporters MUST know that individual performances, the fluency of the football - even the result of a game - come down to much more than what the man in the dug-out has said. Blaming the manager is just an easy out.
    Did you read my post?

I did, but you still seem to be arguing elsewhere that we could have done better if only Mowbray had chosen more wisely and we didn't have so many lazy players.
    I'm just saying that's far too limited and simplistic.
    For the first 15 minutes of the latest game, I thought we were going to completely outplay Huddersfield. Then it all changed.
    Some supporters have said, "Ah yes, that's because the Huddersfield manager got it all right from that point, and Mowbray got it all wrong."
    I'm saying, "Bunkum! It's much more complicated than that."
    The search for simple solutions in the dynamic, complex, almost chaotic scenario of team-sports is doomed.
    Does anyone really really know why England played so poorly in the RWC Final against South Africa, after performing so superbly against the All-Blacks?
    Like anyone else, I enjoy putting forward theories, but in the end, it's a bit of a mystery - and that's good! One of the beauties of sport is its uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I did, but you still seem to be arguing elsewhere that we could have done better if only Mowbray had chosen more wisely and we didn't have so many lazy players.
    I'm just saying that's far too limited and simplistic.
    For the first 15 minutes of the latest game, I thought we were going to completely outplay Huddersfield. Then it all changed.
    Some supporters have said, "Ah yes, that's because the Huddersfield manager got it all right from that point, and Mowbray got it all wrong."
    I'm saying, "Bunkum! It's much more complicated than that."
    The search for simple solutions in the dynamic, complex, almost chaotic scenario of team-sports is doomed.
    Does anyone really really know why England played so poorly in the RWC Final against South Africa, after performing so superbly against the All-Blacks?
    Like anyone else, I enjoy putting forward theories, but in the end, it's a bit of a mystery - and that's good! One of the beauties of sport is its uncertainty.
    So you didn't read what I wrote then? Why lie

I read everything, Champs, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

The win against Bristol City was because confidence was high after a winning run.
    More tinkering has destroyed that confidence.

Just don't see it.
    The team picked against Wigan was just about our best available XI. They were p*ss-poor for the first hour, but how could that be because of ruined confidence? That would have to mean they didn't believe in their own ability.
    Why - after a really good run?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)