+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rams v Barnsley

Rams v Barnsley

In short, how the hell were we not 4 up in 35 minutes? They came back in the last 7 minutes of the first half. Marriott gets a good un from a Rooney free kick.

Hamer to blame for their equaliser. 7 minutes later we're back in front thanks to Waggy. Then a great header from Clarke that deserved a goal but great save. Great save from their keeper later from Jack.

Where did they find that ref? He hardly did a thing wrong all day. He'll never ref Derby again.

Hamer. Virtually nowt to do. At fault for their goal
    Wisdom. Solid defensively. Less so going forward but again he has an assist
    Davies solid
    Clarke very good. Love those Cruijff and Cruijff like turns. Desrved a goal with that header.
    Lowe. Excellent. Got MOTM and deservedly so.
    Holmes. Again a thorn in the opposition hide.
    Bird. Looked the deal. He's improving game by game.
    Knight. Not the highs of the last game but still a top performance
    Rooney. Showed the class. Given game time he will get more involved in "general play"
    Waggy. Effective. Scored. Worried defenders both in and out of possession. Still needs to improve that first touch though
    Marriott. Scored and could have had 4. Just needs game time.

Overall an upbeat performance and the team carried on from where they left off last time. Still not the finished article but there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting brighter.

On Sky, Max Bird got MOTM and not Max Lowe

Cocus driving us to safety

I've always said 2 or 3 signings and getting rid of the deadwood can be the difference from being 16th or 1st in this league

IF we finally realise the likes of Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett are not good enough and sell them we'll be better off, you can add Waghorn and Marriott to that as well, with bringing in better quality forwards either through the youth or finding a hidden gem

Marriott how chances missed tonight? and even his goal looked scuffed as well

As ever agree with most of that MA.
    Tbf Lowe was also at fault for their goal...about the only time he was beaten all evening but he was well beaten.
    I thought Rooney was knackered and would be lucky to manage an hour after about twenty minutes, but he came back well and made a difference.
    Bird and Clarke candidates for motm for me.
    Six points in four days makes things look a whole lot better but I really, really didn’t understand the subs. The side was visibly tiring and the subs offered nothing imo.

When they stopped time wasting and started playing football I thought Barnsley looked very useful and much better than Charlton.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39401507]As ever agree with most of that MA.
    Tbf Lowe was also at fault for their goal...about the only time he was beaten all evening but he was well beaten.
    I thought Rooney was knackered and would be lucky to manage an hour after about twenty minutes, but he came back well and made a difference.
    Bird and Clarke candidates for motm for me.
    Six points in four days makes things look a whole lot better but I really, really didn’t understand the subs. The side was visibly tiring and the subs offered nothing imo.

When they stopped time wasting and started playing football I thought Barnsley looked very useful and much better than Charlton.[/QUOTEl

RA Clarke my MoM I thought he was very good closely followed by Bird Your right Lowe should have stopped that cross but he played well Hard to understand th substitutions We didn't play as well as e did against Charlton but Barnsley a far better team Just can't defend properly Considering we had played with ten men for 75mins on Monday night we did well to meget through it . Lots of tired legs towards the end especially Davies i thought he may have to come off after 65mins he was knackered but the pro he his he got through it Rooney gave Marriott some stick for his misses didn't speak to each other at all second half see there being trouble there
    Last edited by mistaram; 03-01-2020 at 07:51 AM.

FFS DCFCA, do you ever read the articles on the club website? Do you ever read the DET? Do you ever read what others post on here and retain the information so you don't look an even bigger idiot?

Rhetorical questions as we all know the answers.

Lawrence. You're actually right on him but for the wrong reasons. We should get rid. Not because he's a poor player but because, for whatever reasons and I believe he doesn't like being played out wide and being expected to track back all the time, thinks he's better playing inside, he doesn't like the role the club plays him in for one and I also think that an impending sale as fallout from Joinergate will see him leave the club. IF, and it's a big if IMO, he isn't sold, he shouldn't be a regular in the side, maybe the odd cameo off the bench at most. The reason for that being, for the 2nd time in 4 days we had a TEAM out there. Two great performances (HTFC and Boro) and 19 very iffy ones this season don't deserve a start. Time for him to go. Next weekend is the Palace Cup tie. There will be changes to the starting XI. A lot IMO. Palace away could just be a great shop window for Lawrence provided he a) leaves his petulance in the changing room and b) has learnt to tackle properly

Bennett. Under normal circumstances, I would have expected him gone this month due to Joinergate but he is now a long term injury case and is recovering from surgery on his ankle (possibly the 4th time I've posted that on here but you won't read and retain this one ether) so he is absolutely impossible to sell right now. The future? His contract runs out in the summer and I think, dependent on what the club thinks his possible transfer value is, they will either simply let him go in the summer or, as in the cases of Johnson, Butterfield and Blackman, offer him a contract on a lower wage so he can either decide to say no and leave of his own accord or accept the offer and open up 2 avenues - become the squad/bench impact player he is or the club and his agent look for a new home for him, the new contract giving him the guarantee of what would be excellent money to you or me. A win/win situation. I know you want it but a transfer this month is not a realistic possibility.

Show me a full back that doesn't get beaten at least once a game, especially at this level.

So far we have had 3 different players mentioned as MOTM candidates. Lowe, Bird and Clarke. All 3 deservedly so and Holmes was close as well. Previous game we had half a dozen (not a criticism of overall performances last night). Why are we getting multiple candidates all of a sudden? IMO it's because we have found the right blend. The young uns with their youthful exuberance have lit the blue touch paper under the more senior players and looking like you give a sh1t is the norm all of a sudden rather than the exception. A 2nd rate band of individuals has become a unit, a team where the sum of the whole is greater than that of the individual parts.

Of those out of last night's picture, Dowell may as well go back to Everton as he will be no more than a bit part player this season and when he has played he hasn't done anything of note. Lawrence would decrease the sum of the whole and shouldn't,with the possible exception of the Cup game(s), get a start. Bielik. Now there's a talking point. Does he have a way back into the first choice XI? If he's worth £10M then Bird, based on his last 2 games, is worth at least £11M (which he's not and neither is Bielik at the moment IMO). Bielik certainly has a lot in his locker but he gets caught in possession too often and his tackling is rather suspect as is his temperament, certainly over his last 3 appearances. IMO all 3 have a long, hard season of benchwarming ahead of them if they stay at Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    FFS DCFCA, do you ever read the articles on the club website? Do you ever read the DET? Do you ever read what others post on here and retain the information so you don't look an even bigger idiot?

Rhetorical questions as we all know the answers.

Lawrence. You're actually right on him but for the wrong reasons. We should get rid. Not because he's a poor player but because, for whatever reasons and I believe he doesn't like being played out wide and being expected to track back all the time, thinks he's better playing inside, he doesn't like the role the club plays him in for one and I also think that an impending sale as fallout from Joinergate will see him leave the club. IF, and it's a big if IMO, he isn't sold, he shouldn't be a regular in the side, maybe the odd cameo off the bench at most. The reason for that being, for the 2nd time in 4 days we had a TEAM out there. Two great performances (HTFC and Boro) and 19 very iffy ones this season don't deserve a start. Time for him to go. Next weekend is the Palace Cup tie. There will be changes to the starting XI. A lot IMO. Palace away could just be a great shop window for Lawrence provided he a) leaves his petulance in the changing room and b) has learnt to tackle properly

Bennett. Under normal circumstances, I would have expected him gone this month due to Joinergate but he is now a long term injury case and is recovering from surgery on his ankle (possibly the 4th time I've posted that on here but you won't read and retain this one ether) so he is absolutely impossible to sell right now. The future? His contract runs out in the summer and I think, dependent on what the club thinks his possible transfer value is, they will either simply let him go in the summer or, as in the cases of Johnson, Butterfield and Blackman, offer him a contract on a lower wage so he can either decide to say no and leave of his own accord or accept the offer and open up 2 avenues - become the squad/bench impact player he is or the club and his agent look for a new home for him, the new contract giving him the guarantee of what would be excellent money to you or me. A win/win situation. I know you want it but a transfer this month is not a realistic possibility.
    MA surely you didn't think he could read did you ?

Agree about Davis, mista. Thoroughly professional and gutsy performance.

Not at all worried about Rooney giving Marriott ‘some stick’ last night. He deserved it. It’s maybe one of the benefits of having a captain who plays much further forward and has the record and reputation he has.
    Players should take notice. Hopefully all Marriott - if he’s staying - is missing is match sharpness, but he should have had us 3-0 up by half time last night and they were very bad misses.

MA...not arguing that Lowe played well...he did, for the second time in four days...haven’t watched it back, but it was right in front of me and for their goal he backed off and backed off and didn’t get close to his man before the cross came in.

Bearing in mind the exertions of the last four days I wonder what the team at Selhurst Park will be...more to the point will there be any additions and outgoings before Boro’ away and those 15 league points to play for before the window closes again?

With Bogle, Huddlestone, Shinnie and Bielik plus additions to come back in the future certainly looks a lot brighter than it did just before Christmas.

Rooney was right though, it wasn't that he missed, it was a lazy effort. If Marriott isn't prepared to take criticism from people who know, then maybe that explains why he hasn't been getting a look in. He also missed a chance when he had an easy pass left or right to give someone an empty goal to shoot at. Glad he eventually scored and hope he learns from it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)