+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They worried about Shankland.

12 months ago we drew 1-1 with Partick at home to leave us on 33 points after 20 games with a +1 GD. Even leaders Ross Coonty were only on 39 points after 20 games themselves. The improvement in that time is stark - most noticeably in winning games exactly like today and away to Arbroath, Morton etc. We’ll all remember the 6-2, the 6-0 v Morton, the 3-0 and 4-1 v ICT etc but leagues are won on games like today. And for the attention of Funsters peeking in - that’s not by luck........

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Fair enough G, I'm only quoting what was mentioned on here a while back from the statos, that 72pts wins the league. I'm not saying it's won or even close to it, just the target amount to go for, one game at a time.
    Nae probs mate,that wonderful derby display from the Dee has got me worried, they are hitting form at the time we normally go on the slide.After the derby McPoke said he just could not understand how there could be 17 points between the sides and the Funsters backed that statement to the hilt.

He was spot on by the way and the league table tonight proves his point.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Fair enough G, I'm only quoting what was mentioned on here a while back from the statos, that 72pts wins the league. I'm not saying it's won or even close to it, just the target amount to go for, one game at a time.
    I am. Been saying it for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    I am. Been saying it for a while now.
    I've got to admire your confidence B4. I am a pessimist by nature.

"One game at a time....."

Auld Lena Martell shrieking it out before every game!

Is twenty points enough?

I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Nae probs mate,that wonderful derby display from the Dee has got me worried, they are hitting form at the time we normally go on the slide.After the derby McPoke said he just could not understand how there could be 17 points between the sides and the Funsters backed that statement to the hilt.
    I know GB and the footballing genius McPoke must be totally dumbfounded and at lose as to how there is a now 20 point gap between the sides. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    McPake is a ****ing bellend! Every manager knows a league is won by the team that is most consistent, consistency versus inconsistency (or just pure ****e) is the reason for the now 20 point gap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)