+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New stadium

New stadium

Heard today that the new stadium will go ahead, will take one year to complete.
    Awaiting planning permission.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Heard three years ago that the new stadium will go ahead, will take one year to complete.

Do you not have to apply for planning to be awaiting?

They haven't applied, have they?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Do you not have to apply for planning to be awaiting?

They haven't applied, have they?
    I am fairly sure that they have not yet applied for planning permission as it would be headline news in the Courier and Tully.
    However obtaining full planning permission for a development of this size might not be plain sailing especially if there are a number of objections. It has taken Aberdeen Football Club several years to get planning permission passed for their new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I am fairly sure that they have not yet applied for planning permission as it would be headline news in the Courier and Tully.
    However obtaining full planning permission for a development of this size might not be plain sailing especially if there are a number of objections. It has taken Aberdeen Football Club several years to get planning permission passed for their new stadium.
    Putting in planning application might in fact be the quickest way to explain further delay in an “it’s not our fault it’s Dundee city planning” kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Putting in planning application might in fact be the quickest way to explain further delay in an “it’s not our fault it’s Dundee city planning” kind of way.
    Submitting a planning application is straightforward , getting all the details on the application is the tricky bit as if the the council find something that wasn’t in the original submission it will be stalled and in some cases rightly so ,still don’t see it happening anyway .

A planning application means very little in real terms ,I could apply to build a house in your back garden , won’t get it but I could still do it...point being if there is no real intent out means nothing...

I got the tip off from someone who works in Dens, a few years ago he told me we were getting a new score board, and he was right then.
    Never got a chance to question regarding planning, but I'm sure they will be a press release soon.

I got the tip off from someone who works in Dens, a few years ago he told me we were getting a new score board, and he was right then.
    Never got a chance to question regarding planning, but I'm sure they will be a press release soon.
    Bill Colvin paid for the score board himself I believe.

Hardly the same ball park as the fictitious new stadium that is now being promised as started this year despite no planning application having been submitted yet.

Well we will wait and see, even if planning is approved I think you have 5 years to start work.. ..that might just be domestic right enuf.

I don't want to leave Dens but the mighty moving to tannadice would become an ever likely option if yanks don't get their move.

A year to build also seems hugely optimistic to me but meh names no Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Well we will wait and see, even if planning is approved I think you have 5 years to start work.. ..that might just be domestic right enuf.

I don't want to leave Dens but the mighty moving to tannadice would become an ever likely option if yanks don't get their move.

A year to build also seems hugely optimistic to me but meh names no Bob.
    A year to build a stadium of 10000 capacity is really no biggie ,we don’t know what else they want to add to the project (cremmy only a rumour) .
    When I did the tour the tour of Anfield the bit where the punters enter the stadium is low tech block/steelwork the usual script and that would be considered one of Europe’s best I would think .

There is either a funding issue or no real intent but that’s just my humble,Keyes could probably fund this off his own back but businesses tend to spread the risk with other parties .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)