+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Trump

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    And, of course, I will pay the bet if he makes it to October but my loss would be down to the fact that the Republican party has allowed him to bend the constitution to his own ends. I counted on an integrity in government that simply hasn't been there.
    I also doubt whether it will be the easiest £20 you've ever earned, Serious; a man of your background has surely made more easy money than that.
    Not interested in excuses or reasons for losing my friend. In my book you either win a bet or lose a bet ....... end of. As said many times on here, I consider the Donald crooked, arrogant and a braggart but he is the Yank's President, voted in by his own people, not us. For all your 'academic' liberal thinking Sidney you have been way out on your political forecasts concerning Trump. Remember how you harped on about the Mueller report doing him damage as well as well as him getting impeached by your liberal counterparts and being kicked out of office? Of course Pelosi will impeach but it's all a desperate bid to help the Dems in November. It won't work mate and botox Nancy and her silly liberal followers will lose yet again. Basically the same is happening in the UK. Boris has thrown out the remoaning weeds, which needed doing years ago and now has an unbeatable majority. Not bad for a newly elected PM is it after all the bilge that has been thrown at him. Funny we don't hear much about the Backstop thing nowadays isn't it. All of a sudden Stormont is back working again, Brexit on track and the idiots of Labour in complete disarray. Corbyn and his mob sent packing, the inept Swinson gone and the Lib Dems back to where they belong, a party of no consequence. As said not bad for Bozo the clown is it?

No two ways about it, he's made a decent start. That's four weeks gone, 256 to go, if he makes it all the way. Still early doors, as they say, bumpy road ahead.
    Btw, Serious, a man of your substance is surely buying a bong for January 31st? Money well spent, I would have thought.

Not with you son ..... what are you inferring?

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  8.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  8.8 KB

Breaking Bored ?

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Breaking Bored ?
    When I get the invoice will it be a billabong?

Better Call Saul when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Better Call Saul when it arrives.
    I'll be sure to. He's a Good man

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Instead of 'what about' just call things an indiscretion! Your post allows anyone to get away with anything!

Those in positions of power have a huge responsibility not to commit 'indiscretions' imo
    Agreed! But they still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Trump has done 3 good things:
    1. Insisted that other NATO nations pay their fair share.
    2. Highlighted how China has manipulated trade to its own gross advantage.
    3. Made people aware of 'fake news' - mainly through his own use of it to gain leverage.
    The list of his failings and indiscretions would be longer than could be posted on a single page on NCM. His crimes against women and climate change as well as 'jobs for the family and boys', his poor intellect and his shocking use of language make him easily the worst US President in my lifetime (and that includes tricky dicky)
    You see Sid, I don't think I am as old as you, but if Social Media was around during Carter's time or Reagan's time, the right and left would be saying the same about them.

Many people who hate Trump (hate is a strong word, but some people do actually hate him, even though they have had no first hand contact with him), despised him prior to the 2016 election for what he said he was going to do if he got in power, then slated him for doing what he said he was going to do in power.

Trump is of the belief that wealth filters down from the top. You make the rich, richer and that will benefit all.

People who oppose that view believe that wealth should be forcefully taken from the rich (when I say forcefully, I mean through taxes) and distributed amongst the less wealthy.

I am not arguing either point, but what I will argue, is that most mindless capitalists will try and obtain their wealth at all costs. That is why the US is in such a state as previous administrations, Democrat and Republican alike, have allowed unlimited imports into the country at the expense of US jobs. Trump bucks the trend. He is an isolationist. He is also a businessman and realises that the US is the biggest market in the world and could feasibly be self sufficient. THAT is the reason the powers that be in the rest of the world are leading the Anti-Trump march and unfortunately many of the people who dislike him so much don't understand how they are being fed propaganda from the left-wing led media. Please don't say that the media isn't left-wing because as far back as anyone can go, 'free-thinking' media have predominantly been left-wing.

After recently spending time with friends in the US who run businesses there, they pointed out how Anti-Trump the majority of the media is, but his popularity is increasing, as many Americans are feeling his policies in a positive way in their pockets. You cannot imagine the vitriol against him.

The Republicans are polarised, whereas the Democrats are splintered. I think Trump will get in with an even bigger majority than last time.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 15-01-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast