+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shankland concern....

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Listened to his post match interview today,he comes across as a very happy football player in no hurry to leave us.
    Stretch is on £80k/wk Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Stretch is on £80k/wk Boat.
    Yeah money talks. As we have experienced some agents are not interested in having kids play football - they want the sell on.

Don’t agree at all he’s a lower league bully but happy for others to think that if helps us keep hold of him.

Shows also we probably need a year in prem before clubs will be wanting to pay anything like what he is worth

Southampton's higest earner is only on £75K a week and Stretch is a good bit off that yet. Even still, it took him 3 years and a 2 year contract extension at Celtic to be able to earn the money he's on now (reported to be £50K a week). Shankland has a long way to go before he gets anywhere near that. That's not to say he won't got offered big bucks compared to what we're paying him just now, but it'll be nothing like what Armstrong is getting. If he moves to once of the arse cheeks or the Championship down south he'll get about £10-15K a week initially.

I'm pretty sure that the tim two, were on around 6k basic weekly wage with the rest being made up in appearance /goal bonuses!
    Celtic sending someone to watch our game was more than likely because they are playing partick in the cup?

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the tim two, were on around 6k basic weekly wage with the rest being made up in appearance /goal bonuses!
    Celtic sending someone to watch our game was more than likely because they are playing partick in the cup?
    It was their head of recruitment that was represented, as was Les Ferdinand, QPR's director of football.

Celtic's average weekly salary is reported at £16K this season.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Southampton's higest earner is only on £75K a week and Stretch is a good bit off that yet.
    Only! Maybe we can do crowd funder for these poor lads😷😷🤣

As I mentioned on the transfer rumour thread QPR can look at LS all they like but I don't think he'll be sold in January for several reasons.
    The main one is the ambition of the Ogrens for a top 6 team in the Premiership pushing for Europe and domestic cups. I'm pretty sure they'll be thinking his value now might be £2-3 million max. That figure would also be achieved in the summer window so no need to sell now from a valuation point of view. But if they could persuade him to stay for a season in the Premiership and he scored regularly you could see that value increased to maybe £4mill. Or maybe even more if there was more than one club after him which there probably would be.
    ST sold Andy Robertson to the first bidder and as I've often said if we had a decent culture around the club at the time, persuaded him to stay for another season we would have got far more. I don't think the Ogrens will make the same mistake.
    The big question is when he does go how on earth do we replace him when he does finally go. The Ogrens will hopefully look to bank some of the fee against the investment they've made, and spend a chunk on finding that replacement. Question is who and how much.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    As I mentioned on the transfer rumour thread QPR can look at LS all they like but I don't think he'll be sold in January for several reasons.
    The main one is the ambition of the Ogrens for a top 6 team in the Premiership pushing for Europe and domestic cups. I'm pretty sure they'll be thinking his value now might be £2-3 million max. That figure would also be achieved in the summer window so no need to sell now from a valuation point of view. But if they could persuade him to stay for a season in the Premiership and he scored regularly you could see that value increased to maybe £4mill. Or maybe even more if there was more than one club after him which there probably would be.
    ST sold Andy Robertson to the first bidder and as I've often said if we had a decent culture around the club at the time, persuaded him to stay for another season we would have got far more. I don't think the Ogrens will make the same mistake.
    The big question is when he does go how on earth do we replace him when he does finally go. The Ogrens will hopefully look to bank some of the fee against the investment they've made, and spend a chunk on finding that replacement. Question is who and how much.
    Start all over again with a developing talent and sell on again in the future....
    Kevin Nesbit would be my pick

Quote Originally Posted by AussieArab44 View Post
    Start all over again with a developing talent and sell on again in the future....
    Nisbet has been mentioned. Not seen much of him myself and he may be the guy but my gut feeling is that the Ogrens ambition may see us look at strikers who wouldn't have to adjust to a higher level. No-one saw us signing Shankland, so maybe there's more surprises to come in the future. Which is Tangerine.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieArab44 View Post
    Who the **** is Kevin Nesbit? Never heard of him, related to Rab C?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)