+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens v dundee utd

Queens v dundee utd

Right then, - can we start talking up this game folks!

Dundee Utd will bring at least 1000 supporters down on Saturday and very probably more, - so we could be outnumbered if we don't start asking people to come along.

The weather forecast is promising, - many people are still on holiday and fed up of sitting in the house or God forbid shopping, - so let's go along on Saturday and see how Queens perform against the team that are storming to the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Right then, - can we start talking up this game folks!

Dundee Utd will bring at least 1000 supporters down on Saturday and very probably more, - so we could be outnumbered if we don't start asking people to come along.

The weather forecast is promising, - many people are still on holiday and fed up of sitting in the house or God forbid shopping, - so let's go along on Saturday and see how Queens perform against the team that are storming to the SPL.

We'll most definitely be there and brining a few who haven't been for a while. Despite their massive lead at the top of the league there's absolutely no reason why we can't beat them again.

"SPL", come on Jardi its not existed for a few years.
    Anyway, I'm not saying we will win but I think Queens often lift their game when big crowds come to Palmerston. We'll be missing Pybus' energy in the middle of the park which is a big factor but otherwise Johnston will hopefully have a full squad at his disposal. I doubt we'll have any new recruits in by Saturday, another central midfielder would be nice though, so it will probably be Kidd coming in if he's shaken off a knock. Brownlie should also return with Semple probably dropping to the bench. I hope we start positively, press them high up the park rather than let them take control, they have dangerous players up front and wide, we need to starve them of possession and frustrate them. We are Queen of the South however so it's really pointless trying to predict how we will perform, all we can ask is that the players give it their best shot for the 90 minutes.

Sorry Auld Chippy...…………..when you get to a certain age you forget things!

Referee...Colin Steven

AR1...Stuart Hodge

AR2...Calum Doyle

Well wtf was that all about from the Terrors - street wise tactics with players falling down regularly as if they had been shot or just plain cheating ? gobsmacked the way they went about their business but at the end of the day another 3 points towards winning the league so they won't care a monkeys to be honest. Hopefully Queens can bring in a couple of new faces in the '' window '' as starting a game with only 4 on the bench including the reserve goalkeeper and two young lads is worrying to say the least.
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 04-01-2020 at 06:00 PM.

There are surely some players from the reserves that could be promoted to the bench. I know some are out on loan like my second cousin, Liam Douglas at Abbey Vale for one month, although there must be other players available?

Would very much doubt if there are players in the reserves who could get a regular game in the first team if El Bak, Pybus, Kidd and Oliver had been available today. Badly need a centre - forward to help Dobbie as our goals for record is very poor compared to our
    goals against one which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Well wtf was that all about from the Terrors - street wise tactics with players falling down regularly as if they had been shot or just plain cheating ? gobsmacked the way they went about their business but at the end of the day another 3 points towards winning the league so they won't care a monkeys to be honest. Hopefully Queens can bring in a couple of new faces in the '' window '' as starting a game with only 4 on the bench including the reserve goalkeeper and two young lads is worrying to say the least.
    Street wise which some would say is professional but certainly not pretty to watch and I was expecting more from the runaway leaders who hardly mustered a shot in the second half. Queens badly exposed through the tread bare squad yet again and need to recruit in the window if they are to seriously mount the play off spot challenge we all seek. The attendance figure would suggest around 1300 home supporters which is far below what I would have guessed at, creative accountancy from the club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Street wise which some would say is professional but certainly not pretty to watch and I was expecting more from the runaway leaders who hardly mustered a shot in the second half. Queens badly exposed through the tread bare squad yet again and need to recruit in the window if they are to seriously mount the play off spot challenge we all seek. The attendance figure would suggest around 1300 home supporters which is far below what I would have guessed at, creative accountancy from the club!!!
    The crowd most certainly looked more than the official figure Queens announced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)