+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pontus

Pontus

When Pontus left for Brentford i, as probably many others, thought, Brentford of all people, well he may have the last laugh, they score for fun, unlike us, and are on a roll looking good, another stubborn bielsa decision?......let's hope not.

someone needs to take the wind out of their sails and quick otherwise they will be this season's Sheffield Utd....

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    When Pontus left for Brentford i, as probably many others, thought, Brentford of all people, well he may have the last laugh, they score for fun, unlike us, and are on a roll looking good, another stubborn bielsa decision?......let's hope not.
    Err....no, this fella at least thought we had f00ked up with yet another sale with no replacement in prospect, and so it came to pass. Cooke, Wood, Snodgrass, a few others, if only.

I think Ben White is twice the player Pontus is. The only thing Pontus gave us that we apparently don't seem to have now is the ability to score from a corner. At the moment we are so toothless at corners there's not really any point is us taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I think Ben White is twice the player Pontus is. The only thing Pontus gave us that we apparently don't seem to have now is the ability to score from a corner. At the moment we are so toothless at corners there's not really any point is us taking them.
    White is a class player, no doubt, but "twice the player Pontus is" is just sh1te, ignoring what he was over and above as a physical presence in the pitch. We have no player who is more than that physical presence as a player, no totem, and we need both. White is no such player, not yet anyway.

We miss the Pontus bite.
    Any successful team we had, had someone to bite.
    We are pusseys and they know it.

We made Brentford a better team by giving Pontus away and it looks like its gonna bite us on the ass!

They're below us in the table.

Brentford are on a good run, just like Sheff Wed had at one point, Preston did, Hull did etc. They will tail away again and lose games, they aren't going to win every game from now till end of season. They might......but it is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I've thought that, I'd rather have a throw in than a corner these days. I actually don't remember last time we just won a header at corner and scored, we've scored the odd one at edge of box but never a proper cross it in and dominate the ball kind of goal.

One thing I hated about Bamford and liked about Nketiah is that whenever Eddie was on he'd win crosses in the air he had no right to win against a taller centre back whereas Bamford I genuinely don't think I've seen him win a clean header and get a good effort on goal it is either wide, hes bullied off it or it just loops up to the keeper

I pray Che Adams turns up and does the business, I've got so much crossed I can't walk straight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)