+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon Powers

Dillon Powers

Thought he did really well today hardly wasted a ball, passed the ball accurately and made it look like he had been there all season top marks.

Quote Originally Posted by arabbucks View Post
    Thought he did really well today hardly wasted a ball, passed the ball accurately and made it look like he had been there all season top marks.
    I wasn't there, but listening to the commentary he did well. This was a tough fixture and playing rookies Glass and Powers in the midfield together was a gamble.

Regarding Glass, it sounded like he grabbed his chance and showed what he's capable of. Regarding Powers, it sounded like he was a key figure in midfield and a lot of our play went through him. Pretty good for a debutant.

As, I said, I wasnt there to see it in person. But that's the impression I got from the commentary.

BTW, the United support sounded great today. From start to finish you heard them singing our songs. Well done each and every one of you. The players thrive on it and it is clear our support is a key part of our success. What has happened to the 12th man banner? If it is not going to be used at home anymore (I realise we have a cracking new one for the shed) we should give this to our away support. They are magnificent, definitely the 12th man.

[QUOTE=cybershed;39408007]I wasn't there, but listening to the commentary he did well. This was a tough fixture and playing rookies Glass and Powers in the midfield together was a gamble.

Regarding Glass, it sounded like he grabbed his chance and showed what he's capable of. Regarding Powers, it sounded like he was a key figure in midfield and a lot of our play went through him. Pretty good for a debutant.

As, I said, I wasnt there to see it in person. But that's the impression I got from the commentary.

BTW, the United support sounded great today. From start to finish you heard them singing our songs. Well done each and every one of you. The players thrive on it and it is clear our support is a key part of our success. What has happened to the 12th man banner? If it is not going to be used at home anymore (I realise we have a cracking new one for the shed) we should give this to our away support. They are magnificent, definitely the 12th man.[/QUOTE
    1586 United fans 🧡🖤❤️

Difficult place to make your debut but he handled it really well,the boy Glass is like a new signing as well.I used to dread the January window because for 5 years now its been laced with panic buys trying to salvage our season.This year we are actually strengthening the squad from an already strong position.

yip ditto re the utd travelling support today

as for the team .....superb result at a very difficult venue

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    yip ditto re the utd travelling support today

as for the team .....superb result at a very difficult venue
    Agree, would have been happy with draw today .
    Great performance . I'm now believing we're going to win this league. You would think Powers had played for us all season. Glass is also like a new signing superb last week and again today.
    Brilliant hatrick from Shanks .

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Difficult place to make your debut but he handled it really well,the boy Glass is like a new signing as well.I used to dread the January window because for 5 years now its been laced with panic buys trying to salvage our season.This year we are actually strengthening the squad from an already strong position.
    We strengthened last January

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    We strengthened last January
    Of course we did but you probably knew the point i was trying to make regarding the other years,its not often i post shyte on here but i do like to be held to account when i do.

The boy Powers is the hard man centre mid we have been craving......and can play.... All good.

Sounds promising, already had thoughts to next season and going to tough places, having Powers, Butcher and Harkes all playing will stand us in very good stead

And yes, last January is when the building blocks really began, promotion lady may was simply a bonus but we've done it properly since, adding to the base we have built, excellent stuff

Even the way we have handled Glass and Appere, their loans etc

Doing things the way we used to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)