+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Burnley Match Preview

Chelsea v Burnley Match Preview

If you spent that extra 60 seconds before our FA Cup tie against Peterborough kicked off thinking about mental health awareness in football I hope you found it worthwhile. You can’t sense so easily the dark days some people are going through but maybe if you took that minute it may just help open a pathway for someone somewhere to get the help they need. It is ok not to be ok.

That was me with my serious head on. Now comes the small matter of a fairly routine trip to Stamford Bridge. In 11 previous Premier League meetings with Chelsea we have only one victory and in our current form we are highly unlikely to add to that tally. The match referee is Kevin Friend who has racked up 52 Yellow cards and 3 Red in his 14 PL games in charge so far this season which included our fixtures with West Ham and Spurs. I have a feeling we will need all the friends we can get! In the reverse fixture at Turf Moor Christian Pulisic helped himself to a hat trick from just 5 attempts on goal. He has only managed two goals from 35 attempts in his other appearances. Does he have a special pair of boots he only wears when he plays against us? If that wasn’t bad enough they have Tammy Abraham who has netted 12 times and I haven’t even mentioned the likes of Willian and Pedro yet. I probably shouldn’t have mentioned them as that is likely to prove a mistake and we can’t afford any more mistakes. Chelsea are run by Chairman Buck and owner Roman MegaBucks so they are not short of a rouble or two and can even persuade us to take their deadweights on loan so we can get them match fit to pass on to Villa!

I daren’t even think of the transfer window and all the players we won’t be signing but apart from that everything in the garden is rosy. COYC!

It was reported yesterday they are running at an annual deficit of £100 million. Be nice to add to their woes and nick the three points.

Chalobah and Drinkwater didn't work out so they owe us a favour.Come on Frank lend us a bit of quality next time.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Chalobah and Drinkwater didn't work out so they owe us a favour.Come on Frank lend us a bit of quality next time.
    We had Patrick Bamford as well, so that's three we've had off Chelsea and virtually never played any of them, if Frank just wants to reduce his wage bill then he might well dump them on us, if he wants to develop any decent young player then I suspect he'll look elsewhere.

Cheese's last two (PL) home games - lost them both, Southampton and Bournemouth, can we make it three ?

Chelski v's US: Not looking too good, for example the experts ,those with that phenomenal sense of intuition all give us a dark day down in "The Smoke".

Alfi predicts 3-0,together with my prediction of 3-0, Claret_Matelot 3-1, Server,the leader in the list ,we hope temporary, has it also 3-0,but wait for it, Alto predicts a 4-1 to Chelski? What does he know that we do not? But on the bright side B T, that genius ,when not free flowing with politics ,and those 'Pally's ,makes it 2-1 to our gang! 59-60 is a little cautious and plumps for a simple draw 0-0. (Does he think it will it be 'fishing it down in 'Londinium' today?)

Roll on 4.50 pm. Let's get it out of the way ..

Vydra is not even getting a game today. FFS!

This is going to be one heck of a long second half...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)