+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rochdale in the cup t omorrow

Rochdale in the cup t omorrow

Through to the next round or not?

Not confident.They took Man Utd to penalties in League cup at Old Trafford this season.Seems excuses already are coming out of the club.Rochdale are 9/1 to win.Not saying I want that to happen but it looks a tasty price.

There's a reason why the cup games are billed as giant killing potential.
    We've been on the end of a good few ourselves, as have just about all the top clubs.

Am I confident we'll get through?
    I'm absolutely confident.
    I'm confident enough to predict we'll get to the quarter finals.

I've said it previously and I'll stick by it.

I think it'll be tough.

I mean their manager is willing to change things around.

I think we should go through but at this point, I wouldn't be completely surprised if we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    There's a reason why the cup games are billed as giant killing potential.
    We've been on the end of a good few ourselves, as have just about all the top clubs.

^^^ Plato speaks ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    ^^^ Plato speaks ^^^
    Well he knars ye knar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    ^^^ Plato speaks ^^^
    Complete waffle. No surprises why the posts are often so long.

We bloody well should win (yeah, I know it doesn't always work like that)

Fool me once, and all that but for most giant-killings, it's a one-off shot where they catch the big boys by surprise and usually on the underdog's patch. Having had a scare at their place, at the second time of asking-and at home- i would say that any Premier League club should win and should be shot with shit if they lose.

Don't confuse what I've said with confidence that we'll win, though.

Anything can happen in the cup. Sometimes at the expense of the 'bigger' teams. That's the beauty of it.

I, like Zip, am not convinced at all that this will be a walk in the park for us. It won't be.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)