+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Barlaser

Could have a big future ahead of him - well done PW and the team for getting him here

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think this quote is a bit harsh

“I’m living in Sheffield with my girlfriend and it’s been absolutely brilliant being with Rotherham. All the people at the club and most of the fans except Brin have been unbelievable.”

scum-

You missed this one:

"Barlaser’s ability was evident from the day he arrived from St James’ Park although his languid style didn’t find favour with Brin who wanted to see the ball moved more quickly."

Gentlemen, very funny well done. Barlaser out!
    Last edited by Brin; 14-01-2020 at 07:37 PM.

I must admit that I was a bit unsure when he first played. However, once he was given a regular spot and the players got onto his wavelength he has been great. In addition, the inclusion of Thompson at Right back has given the team another "leader" which helps the overall play. We have good footballers in our squad with Olosunde, Ogbene, Lindsay, Barlaser, Crooks, Thompson etc. Rob Scott and co have done really well. Its surely not a coincidence either that our improvement has happened after Richard Wood has regained fitness and a regular place as captain..
    Last edited by Galley On; 15-01-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Got to hope Newcastle don't fetch him back, with all their injuries in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    I must admit that I was a bit unsure when he first played. However, once he was given a regular spot and the players got onto his wavelength he has been great. In addition, the inclusion of Thompson at Right back has given the team another "leader" which helps the overall play. We have good footballers in our squad with Olosunde, Ogbene, Lindsay, Barlaser, Crooks, Thompson etc. Rob Scott and co have done really well. Its surely not a coincidence either that our improvement has happened after Richard Wood has regained fitness and a regular place as captain..
    Agree with most of this m8 though would add Thompson has helped ogbene improve the tracking back side of his play. Thompson is constantly talking to him sometime shouting at him as to where he wants him to play.
    A fit Thompson, ihekwe Robertson and mattock should be a decent defence. Even in the championship.

Yep I like Thompson at right back. He's a good solid defender and if he has ogbene in front if him he can concentrate on defensive duties and let ogbene get the crosses in. Olasunde is ok but a bit prone to mistakes.

Roly, He could be a bit like ajayi. Whilst Olosunde is young he may be better as a sitting midfield. Same mistakes but less costly

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Agree with most of this m8 though would add Thompson has helped ogbene improve the tracking back side of his play. Thompson is constantly talking to him sometime shouting at him as to where he wants him to play.
    A fit Thompson, ihekwe Robertson and mattock should be a decent defence. Even in the championship.
    Yes Cayton, you are right about Thompson helping Olosunde. That's part of the leadership role I referred to. He was constantly having his say and helping the younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Roly, He could be a bit like ajayi. Whilst Olosunde is young he may be better as a sitting midfield. Same mistakes but less costly
    Yes a good point Cayton. Although I thought he played well at Oxford.

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    For me Thomson has been the signing of the season.

Wood never let's us down when ever he returns into the team.

Barlaser is the real thing now he's found his consistancy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast