+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham fined £150,000

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I am most surprised
    I'm not at all surprised - I think the decision to prosecute was inevitable. My immediate reaction to the fine was that it was on the high side, but, on reflection, think it was about right given the club's turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Thank you. Interesting that it took over 4 years for the case to come to court though.
    Yes, the delay is surprising. I shouldn't have thought that the investigation would be particularly complex or the decision upon whether to prosecute particularly complicated.

It was interesting that the council only got part of their costs. That can sometimes indicate that the judge was unhappy with aspects of the conduct of the prosecution and/or thinks that some of the costs were incurred unnecessarily, but I don’t know if that was the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Don't know how you come to that conclusion regarding Kerr
    Look back at his posts & tell me where he has ever been neutral re the Labour party
    He's never voted Tory you know
    Harsh. I have only ever posted out of concern for the Labour Party after it was seized by collective madness in the form of the Corbynistas and taken onto the path to oblivion (as seen on December 12th).

I see that Momentum is set on Rebecca Long Bailey , presumably with the intention that she finishes the job (and because 'Oh Rebecca Long Bailey' wouldn't require them to learn a new tune).

I think your account of your many many posts over the years is to not put too fine a point on it grossly inaccurate
    You werre critical nay scaything of the Labour party long before Momentum was formed just over 4 years ago
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 15-01-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I'm not at all surprised - I think the decision to prosecute was inevitable. My immediate reaction to the fine was that it was on the high side, but, on reflection, think it was about right given the club's turnover.
    My surprise was at you starting a thread

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Thats silly Mike and affirms my thinking that you wouldn't make the top 50% (as wouldn't your brother Roly) Kempo regardless of what you think has greater hindsight and intelligence than you both put together.

Kerr has regardless of your prejudices has always always been neutral arguments, but the lefties have murdered him.

Time to take stock
    The Kempo character is so intelligent that he always gets referendum votes wrong ( "put his mortgage" on the results twice and got it wrong each time - can only assume that he is living in his second tent now ), football predictions nearly always wrong, same goes for share and horse racing tips. Plus he has been banned from this site many, many times.
    Wow - what intelligence!
    You must be dafter than he is

The fact that he always makes a point of always praising your posts - either he is "extracting the urine" -well, he is a doctor! ... or he genuinely admires your tuppencehalfpenny millionaire lifestyle - ie couldn't go to match because of golf tournament, holiday cruise, etc. Not sure which is worse.
    Next year, Rodney,...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-01-2020 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The Kempo character is so intelligent that he always gets referendum votes wrong ( "put his mortgage" on the results twice and got it wrong each time - can only assume that he is living in his second tent now ), football predictions nearly always wrong, same goes for share and horse racing tips. Plus he has been banned from this site many, many times.
    Wow - what intelligence!
    You must be dafter than he is

The fact that he always makes a point of always praising your posts - either he is "extracting the urine" -well, he is a doctor! ... or he genuinely admires your tuppencehalfpenny millionaire lifestyle - ie couldn't go to match because of golf tournament, holiday cruise, etc. Not sure which is worse.
    Next year, Rodney,...
    Thank you for speaking for me mike but the reasoning you offer is outside the reality of the situation.
    Gmgm and I over the years have had a number of opinion differences and rather heated exchanges.
    However there is a mutual respect,respect being a word you should give some thought to.
    Gmgm is clearly an intelligent individual who can be witty when he so wishes and writes some good stuff on here.
    He is a long term member and a valued contributor.
    I really don’t understand why gmgm’s lifestyle should offend you so much.
    Golf trips!,Cruises!Millionaire!,Holidays!
    I only wish that I could live such a life!

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Thank you for speaking for me mike but the reasoning you offer is outside the reality of the situation.
    Gmgm and I over the years have had a number of opinion differences and rather heated exchanges.
    However there is a mutual respect,respect being a word you should give some thought to.
    Gmgm is clearly an intelligent individual who can be witty when he so wishes and writes some good stuff on here.
    He is a long term member and a valued contributor.
    I really don’t understand why gmgm’s lifestyle should offend you so much.
    Golf trips!,Cruises!Millionaire!,Holidays!
    I only wish that I could live such a life!
    And dont forget the pants on the head and rgs education.. 👨*🎓

Getting back to the OP

Not being funny but i believe that Rotherham United Football Club do not actually own New York Stadium, i believe it is in fact owned by a small company set up a few years ago when New York was a brown field site call RU Estates. RUFC like any other potential user of the stadium just pay a figure to RU Estates for the use of the facility for perhaps a football match or a Beer Festival.

To my mind this should be dealt with and presented to RU Estates not one of their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    Getting back to the OP

Not being funny but i believe that Rotherham United Football Club do not actually own New York Stadium, i believe it is in fact owned by a small company set up a few years ago when New York was a brown field site call RU Estates. RUFC like any other potential user of the stadium just pay a figure to RU Estates for the use of the facility for perhaps a football match or a Beer Festival.

To my mind this should be dealt with and presented to RU Estates not one of their customers.
    The first line says that the operating company that controls the club.

That must be what it means.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast