+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Revenue

Revenue

So the latest Deloitte publication of football teams revenue is out .. And Newcastle don't feature in the top 30 .
    Not because we ain't in it ...

Because Ashley and cohorts haven't released the figures .

And Ashley's pockets are bulging with the club's revenue which ought to be spent on youth development, scouting facilities, training facilities numerous other items which are being neglected and starved of investment to the detriment of both the club and the supporters but only to the benefit of the greedy fat slug's satisfaction.

As long as people go they are endorsing his running of the club.He is here to stay,he is making the club as un-attractive to buyers as much as possible as he does not want to sell.Hence a sky high price with add ons.
    Dont worry though,as long as the fans are supporting the team in silence at games and not the regime all is good.When Ashley eventually sells up in years to come I will look on the actions of the so called best fans in the country with embarrassment that he was allowed to do this for as long as he has.Premier League football is all that counts,not the future of Newcastle United.

Giving away 10 000 free seats shows that the way to hurt him is to stay away.

it's shit and I really miss it-I don't care about whether or not the footy is shite (well, I do, obviously, but not as a deciding factor as to whether I go or not) but, for me, it's the only thing to do.

We should be so much higher-like we used to be-but for that to happen, fatso would have to invest properly-in the playing squad, the ground, the training facilities and in a decent manager. The fact that he won't do so shows that he's clearly getting a return on his minimal investment that he's satisfied with...which means that he's content just to keep us in his portfolio of once respected but now shoddy, cheap, pale imitations of what they once were brands. He's not going to change so we need to make change happen..and the only way to do that is to stay away.

I'm not going to start slagging off the fans who do still go because not everyone shares this opinion-some go because they are happy with Ashley (ffs) but a lot go because they don't think it would work and/or are part of the 'support the team not the regime' brigade.

They are, of course, wrong. You can't do one without doing the other-you just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

We should be so much higher-like we used to be-but for that to happen, fatso would have to invest properly-in the playing squad, the ground, the training facilities and in a decent manager. The fact that he won't do so shows that he's clearly getting a return on his minimal investment that he's satisfied with...which means that he's content just to keep us in his portfolio of once respected but now shoddy, cheap, pale imitations of what they once were brands. He's not going to change so we need to make change happen..and the only way to do that is to stay away.
    Now if that's not in a nutshell, I don't know what is. Spot on.

It's tough, but it's the only way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Giving away 10 000 free seats shows that the way to hurt him is to stay away.

it's shit and I really miss it-I don't care about whether or not the footy is shite (well, I do, obviously, but not as a deciding factor as to whether I go or not) but, for me, it's the only thing to do.

I'm not going to start slagging off the fans who do still go because not everyone shares this opinion-some go because they are happy with Ashley (ffs) but a lot go because they don't think it would work and/or are part of the 'support the team not the regime' brigade.

They are, of course, wrong. You can't do one without doing the other-you just can't.
    The last sentence holds the biggest truth.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)