+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Mick Vinter

Very sad. I remember him making his debut off the subs bench. Superb player.
    Thanks for the great memories.
    RIP Mick

This makes me feel very old. I remember him well.

Very sad to hear this. He was a cracking player and a good bloke too.

He also set a unique record in 1978 when he scored Notts' only goal of the game in six successive matches, starting with a 1-0 win at home to Mansfield on 21 March and ending with a 1-1 draw at home to Millwall on 8 April.

Thanks to a brace v Oldham on 11 March he'd actually scored 8 in 8 games by the end of that period, and went on to get two more before the end of the season to finish top goal scorer with 19 league goals (in the second tier), 4 in the FA Cup and 2 in the Anglo-Scottish Cup.

After he retired he went on to referee in the local leagues and, so I am told, was not above offering to "meet" players after the game if they gave him too much lip!

His death has come as shock news to me, and I am very sorry to hear about it - he certainly always figures in my memories of supporting the club down the years.

So very sad. Early onset dementia. RIP

Very sad, enjoyed watching him play many times. R.I.P.

Sad news. He was in the team in the first Notts game I ever went to. He was a good player.

RIP Mick.

Nice piece by Colin Slater on the official site.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...assing-210120/

RIP Mick. 1977 was the first time I started going to Notts and have very fond memories of him as a hard-working striker. In a way, I remember him as one of the last of the “normal” footballers down the Lane - working class grafters like Vinter, Arthur Mann, Stubbsy, Pedro, Steve Carter and, of course, Les Bradd, before footballers started earning bigger bucks in the 80s.

I wonder if his dementia was connected to his heading of the ball, like with Jeff Astle - 65 is no age to go, for sure.

R I P Mick Vinter thank you for your goals & the great memories.
    Footballs original Super Sub.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast