+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Huns V Dons

Not sure what to make of that... we certainly came away with a better result than i was expecting, and we matched Rangers in most areas for most of the game. Only towards the end did it look like we were just hanging on.

All the players put in a good shift - I was actually quite encouraged by Kennedy - he looked like he was absolutely knackered by half time, but he had a willingness to actually run at his opponent and for a wee guy he looks pretty strong on the ball. McGeouch was quietly effective - I thought the midfield 3 were solid and robust and stood up well to Rangers midfield, without really offering much going forward. Ferguson played well - he had one absolutely sublime piece of skill to get by his opponent into the box at one point - if it had been a Rangers player we'd never have heard the end of it.

Cosgrove should have got us the three points today really - he looked more like a £20,000 striker than a £5m man today unfortunately - he should have scored from McGinn's cross early on, and he should have scored the one on one with McGregor too - I would have rather had Bruce Anderson going through on the keeper than Cosgrove. His confidence seems to have taken a knock - hopefully he'll get back amongst the goals soon.

The real test is the next 2 games. St Johnstone and Kilmarnock are teams we should be beating, and who we should be imposing ourselves on, so I'll wait until those games are done before getting too excited about a 0-0 draw against a Rangers team who I thought were actually pretty poor today.

Strange days when we are all pleased with a draw against the Huns, but we will take it.
    DM delighted with his clean sheet as usual
    Credit to the players for derailing all that Hun going on 55 pish. Looked like most of the Hun support did their usual walking away act.
    Curtis Main not even on bench, decent transfer period apart from trying to offload him and bring another forward in
    Still think Sam needs a play mate alongside him unfortunately he doesnt have one
    We will continue to struggle to score goals apart from the odd goal from the likes of McGinn, Fergusion
    In all a good days work

I'm not so sure that this result was unexpected. I certainly thought it would be tight as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. This type of game where the onus wasn't on us to attack and we could sitin was always go to suit us. Allied to the fact that they were missing Tavernier, their creator supreme, then we were always going to be tricky opponents for them. The 5-0 reverse earlier in the season was played with a much weakened Dons side.

However, it's the two home games in the next week that concern me. We have to come out, create and find goals. It seems we're hoping that Cosgrove rediscovers his form as there doesn't appear to be anyone else. I think we'll take care of St Johnstone but I have concerns about the Killie cup match. I think we might be facing either a cup exit next week or a replay at Rugby Park if we don't find a killer instinct in front of goal over the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Dons bus getting pelted with rocks from the yard next door. Filthy hun scum. Good to see them fuming though.
    Team bus or supporters bus?

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    Team bus or supporters bus?
    Supporters bus. I was sitting in my van waiting for the police to let us out and just saw huge lumps of rock coming over from the yard beside the car park.

At the end of the day one result cannot mask the performances or quality of football served up so far this season. We lack creativity badly and have done so since KM left.

And this will go unmentioned in the Weegia.

Yet someone throws a notebook at Stench Hately and it's Dante's Inferno.

Fuc king scum, the whole b@stard lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I'm not so sure that this result was unexpected. I certainly thought it would be tight as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. This type of game where the onus wasn't on us to attack and we could sitin was always go to suit us. Allied to the fact that they were missing Tavernier, their creator supreme, then we were always going to be tricky opponents for them. The 5-0 reverse earlier in the season was played with a much weakened Dons side.

However, it's the two home games in the next week that concern me. We have to come out, create and find goals. It seems we're hoping that Cosgrove rediscovers his form as there doesn't appear to be anyone else. I think we'll take care of St Johnstone but I have concerns about the Killie cup match. I think we might be facing either a cup exit next week or a replay at Rugby Park if we don't find a killer instinct in front of goal over the next few days.
    Kilmarnock are sh!ter than St J

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789