+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 108 of 301 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    We keep having this disagreement, with stats you compare like with like. You want death date which can be up to 8 days before the date the death is registered, I’m happy with deaths recorded. The same numbers have died, doing it my way means you see trends immediately, your way you have to delay for number crunching. The fact is this date had the highest number recorded since April , if the real date this happened was 8 days ago what does it matter from an action plan perspective.
    You go your way I’ll go mine as this is also what every other country is doing.
    It isn't a disagreement, I'm just pointing out, in the interests of accuracy, just what the figure you quoted actually is. I'm just explaining what 'deaths at 598 today' as you put it, actually refers to. It is not the number of people who died yesterday, it is the number of deaths reported, and the figure is inflated because of the lag in reporting over the weekend. You consistently fail to make this clear, so I'm just helping you out.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Be grateful you weren't living in Spain 220 years ago. In October 1800 there was an outbreak of Yellow Fever in a village in Andalucia, the people were ordered to remain in the village, the punishment for attempting to leave was 200 lashes and ten years in prison. I expect that was more effective than Boris's Tier 3.
    The village of Eyam in Derbyshire locked down themselves for a year in 1665-6 when the plague arrived on cloth from
    London carried by fleas or body lice. 260 died
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyam

"Dr. Roger Hodkinson

Dr. Hodkinson is the CEO and Medical Director of MedMalDoctors.

He received his general medical degrees from Cambridge University in the UK (M.A., M.B., B. Chir.) where he was a scholar at Corpus Christi College. Following a residency at the University of British Columbia he became a Royal College certified general pathologist (FRCPC) and also a Fellow of the College of American Pathologists (FCAP). He is in good Standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, and has been recognized by the Court of Queen’s Bench in Alberta as an expert in pathology."

Here is what Dr Hodkinson has to say about face masks,

"Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever. Paper masks and fabric masks are simply virtue signalling. They’re not even worn effectively most of the time. It’s utterly ridiculous. Seeing these unfortunate, uneducated people – I’m not saying that in a pejorative sense – seeing these people walking around like lemmings obeying without any knowledge base to put the mask on their face."

I don't just find it ridiculous, I find it somehow sad, and vaguely scary.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Dr. Roger Hodkinson

Dr. Hodkinson is the CEO and Medical Director of MedMalDoctors.

He received his general medical degrees from Cambridge University in the UK (M.A., M.B., B. Chir.) where he was a scholar at Corpus Christi College. Following a residency at the University of British Columbia he became a Royal College certified general pathologist (FRCPC) and also a Fellow of the College of American Pathologists (FCAP). He is in good Standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, and has been recognized by the Court of Queen’s Bench in Alberta as an expert in pathology."

Here is what Dr Hodkinson has to say about face masks,

"Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever. Paper masks and fabric masks are simply virtue signalling. They’re not even worn effectively most of the time. It’s utterly ridiculous. Seeing these unfortunate, uneducated people – I’m not saying that in a pejorative sense – seeing these people walking around like lemmings obeying without any knowledge base to put the mask on their face."

I don't just find it ridiculous, I find it somehow sad, and vaguely scary.
    We need to end this masquerade now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We need to end this masquerade now!
    Maskerade?

Here’s a review of mask evidence for some balance in the journal Nature, one of the top journals in the world.

It includes this
    Across the United States, mask use has held steady around 50% since late July. This is a substantial increase from the 20% usage seen in March and April, according to data from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington in Seattle (see go.nature.com/30n6kxv). The institute’s models also predicted that, as of 23 September, increasing US mask use to 95% — a level observed in Singapore and some other countries — could save nearly 100,000 lives in the period up to 1 January 2021.

It Ends

most scientists are confident that they can say something prescriptive about wearing masks. It’s not the only solution, says Gandhi, “but I think it is a profoundly important pillar of pandemic control”. As Digard puts it: “Masks work, but they are not infallible. And, therefore, keep your distance.”

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

It’s your choice. I’m still wearing mine.

Maskerade?
    It was too obvious OC, but I knew someone would take the bait...

Attachment 17509

Be grateful you don’t live in Adelaide

South Australia has 36 cases the first in 6 months, and has enforced border restrictions and other measures to stop the virus' spread.

The lockdown, to begin at midnight on Wednesday, comes just weeks after neighbouring state Victoria beat a second wave.
    South Australia's restrictions from Thursday 19 November

People must stay home and cannot leave for exercise
    All schools and universities closed except for children of essential workers
    Shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs closed with no takeaway options
    Bans on regional travel
    There would be a further eight days of lesser restrictions following the "six day pause", officials said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54983104
    They have been having these lockdowns in the various States in Australia for a long time, in fact, Melbourne (Victoria) was in lockdown until the end of October which was 112 days.
    What intrigues me is that, even with all these restrictions, they are still managing to stage sporting events with fans present. I have this morning watched the final State of Origin NRL game played at Suncorp Stadium with almost 52000 fans present and not a mask in sight!

http://www.austadiums.com/news/850/o...s-record-crowd

Good news
    Cases down again for 6 days in a row to 19609 must be encouraging for most of us, and will mean nothing to others, whilst recorded deaths at 529 are 69 down on yesterday’s.
    Hoping the trend continues despite Government’s attempts to frighten us

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    They have been having these lockdowns in the various States in Australia for a long time, in fact, Melbourne (Victoria) was in lockdown until the end of October which was 112 days.
    What intrigues me is that, even with all these restrictions, they are still managing to stage sporting events with fans present. I have this morning watched the final State of Origin NRL game played at Suncorp Stadium with almost 52000 fans present and not a mask in sight!

http://www.austadiums.com/news/850/o...s-record-crowd
    Western Australia too, our relative returning to Oz could only get to Perth. Borders only recently opened

They have the following guidance

2 square metre rule (except for seated and ticketed performances at seated entertainment spaces within selected venues)

Capacity limits for WA’s major venues – Optus Stadium, HBF Park, HBF Stadium – Main Arena, and RAC Arena

Sounds sensible.

Page 108 of 301 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)